Honey nut popcorn with bacon is the perfect snack. It’s smokey, crunchy, slightly sweet and salty, and totally addictive! It takes snacking to a whole new level!
As much as John and I love cooking together, we usually go out on the weekends. On one of our recent trips downtown, we stopped at a place that has very eclectic food.
While we waited for our food, we had some of the most amazing popcorn we’ve ever eaten. They didn’t share their recipe, but I got out my phone and started typing everything that I could see and taste.
To tell you the truth, I can’t even remember what it tastes like now, but I’m sure happy with my Honey Nut Popcorn with Bacon.
I’m pretty sure that it was all savory and didn’t have the honey nuts in it. If it didn’t, they should add them. They’re so good with all of the savory flavors going on here.
I got the idea for making the honey nuts when I saw these amazing Maple Sesame Almonds on my friend Demeter’s blog The Beaming Baker. Demeter develops recipes that are gluten-free, vegetarian & vegan and she makes it look so easy to maintain that lifestyle. I used her method for the honey nuts.
This popcorn would be perfect for a football party. You better make a ton of
I love popcorn recipes and am a total snacker. Here are a couple other great snacks that are totally addictive!
Honey Nut Popcorn with Bacon
- 20 cups popped popcorn
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp celery seed
Honey Nut Peanuts
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
Honey Nut Peanuts
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a large skillet add coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, and salt. Cook on low until smooth. Add peanuts and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Pour peanuts onto a covered baking sheet. Allow the peanuts to cool completely. Separate any large clumps as they cool.
- In a small saucepan combine butter, fennel seed, coriander, paprika, and celery seed. Simmer and stir until butter is melted and spices blend together.
- Add popcorn to a large bowl. Pour melted butter-spice combination over popcorn stirring as you pour. Add peanuts and bacon. Taste for salt. Serve immediately.