Fajita Pizza is a flavorful recipe that makes a quick and easy meal or appetizer. This is a vegetarian recipe and can be changed to you tastes.
Several years ago I had a Fajita Pizza at a party that was served as an appetizer. I’ve made this recipe so many times, and each time I make it a little different. This version made John and I a delicious vegetarian meal but sometimes we will add chicken as a variation too.
I’ve wanted to share this recipe for a long time, but just never got around to it until my blogger friend Sonal of Simply Vegetarian requested some recipes for a collective she’s putting together to help her celebrate her Birthday, Anniversary, Mother’s Day as well as Memorial Day. Boy, that girl has a lot to celebrate this month, and I wanted to help her. Sonal only asked that our recipes be vegetarian and semi-homemade. I finally found the perfect occasion to share this Fajita Pizza recipe and can’t wait to see the other recipes that will be added to this collective.
This recipe makes a great meal even though the first time I had it, it was served as an appetizer. It is so versatile. You can use any combination of vegetables or even add diced chicken as we have at times.
- 1 Boboli or ready made pizza crust
- 1 green pepper sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper sliced thinly
- 1 yellow onion sliced thinly
- 1 jar Picante sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Oil a cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Add vegetable oil to a skillet and heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion. Saute until slightly softened. Add jar of Picante sauce and cook down until liquid is reduced.
- Place the Boboli on the baking pan and add vegetables. Cover with cheese and bake approximately 10 minutes or until edges of Boboli are browned. Allow to cool slightly. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
It’s always fun to share so let’s head over to Fiesta Friday and Saucy Saturdays.