Asian 5 Spice Rice
Asian 5 Spice Rice recipe is perfect as a side dish or main meal. You can make it as spicy as you want. Toss in some chicken for another option.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 25 mins
- 1 cup wild rice cooked according to package directions
- 1-1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1-1/2 cup celery diced
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 8 oz water chestnuts drained
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds toasted (plus additional for garnish
- 3 tbsp soy sauce I use low sodium
- 2 tsp 5 spice powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red curry paste more or less your choice
- Sesame oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish optional
Using a large skillet, heat sesame oil. Add onions, celery, and mushrooms. Saute until they just start to soften (celery will be bright green). Don't overcook. The crunch is great in this dish.
Add remaining ingredients.
Rice will be thick. Garnish with parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 678mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4.5% | Vitamin C: 2.3% | Calcium: 3.1% | Iron: 8%