Smokey Southwestern Grilled Romaine Salad
Southwestern Grilled Romaine Salad is topped with a delicious creamy avocado cilantro dressing, Queso Blanco cheese, and almonds. This smokey salad is delicious and is perfect for lunch or as a side dish.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 25 mins
- 4 heads of romaine lettuce I used artisan which are compact and smaller
- 2 oz Queso Blanco cheese plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- lime Zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 cup almonds roughly chopped (I used Blue Diamond Bold Sriracha flavor)
In a blender or food processor combine all ingredients except for the lettuce and almonds. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
Cut heads of romaine in half. Spray with non-stick cooking spray on the cut edge. Grill cut side only on medium-high until grill marks appear.
Top grilled lettuce with dressing, crumbled Queso Blanco cheese, chopped Blue Diamond Sriracha almonds and additional cilantro if desired.
Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 187mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 1395IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 0.5mg