Smokey Southwestern Grilled Romaine Salad is topped with a delicious creamy avocado cilantro dressing, Queso Blanco cheese, and crunchy almonds.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. This recipe and opinions are 100% my own.
I always keep nuts on hand. I love snacking on them, crushing them up in breading for chicken and
It wasn’t too long ago that John and I were on vacation in the Dominican Republic. It should have been pretty easy to watch what I ate. There were so much fresh fruit and grilled fish that I should have lost weight (snicker snicker).
Well, the rest of the story is that we enjoyed this particular rum drink that went down just a little too easy. In addition to rum, it was full of mint and their version of simple syrup. So the truth is, I came home with some work to do in the calorie counting department.
Ingredients you’ll need for this grilled salad
- Romaine Lettuce
- Queso Blanco Cheese (Feta works well too)
- Champagne Vinegar
I am all about grilling right now. I think that it just brings out the natural flavors of food. The caramelization that vegetables take on is just delicious. Grilling Romaine adds a smokiness to all of the other flavors already going on.
This salad was so delicious, that I’ve eaten it three times this week already! It makes a great vegetarian meal or you could add some grilled shrimp for your meat lover.
I think you’ll enjoy these recipes too!
- Fresh Greek Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Vegetarian Spinach Power Salad
- Grilled Peach Salad with Honey-Jalapeno Dressing
Smokey Southwestern Grilled Romaine Salad
- 4 heads of romaine lettuce I used artisan which are compact and smaller
- 2 oz Queso Blanco cheese plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- lime Zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 cup almonds roughly chopped (I used Blue Diamond Bold Sriracha flavor)
- In a blender or food processor combine all ingredients except for the lettuce and almonds. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
- Cut heads of romaine in half. Spray with non-stick cooking spray on the cut edge. Grill cut side only on medium-high until grill marks appear.
- Top grilled lettuce with dressing, crumbled Queso Blanco cheese, chopped Blue Diamond Sriracha almonds and additional cilantro if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Latest or greatest from the Hostess!
- Simple Thanksgiving Dressing – Great All Year Long
- Buttery Pastry Holiday Nut Rolls Recipe
- How to Spatchcock and Carve a Turkey
- Peanut Butter Coffee Cake Recipe
- Smooth & Creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Bars