Smokey Southwestern Grilled Romaine Salad is topped with a delicious creamy avocado cilantro dressing, Queso Blanco cheese, and crunchy almonds.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. This recipe and opinions are 100% my own.
I always keep nuts on hand. I love snacking on them, crushing them up in breading for chicken and
It wasn’t too long ago that John and I were on vacation in the Dominican Republic. It should have been pretty easy to watch what I ate. There were so much fresh fruit and grilled fish that I should have lost weight (snicker snicker).
Well, the rest of the story is that we enjoyed this particular rum drink that went down just a little too easy. In addition to rum, it was full of mint and their version of simple syrup. So the truth is, I came home with some work to do in the calorie counting department.
Ingredients you’ll need for this grilled salad
- Romaine Lettuce
- Queso Blanco Cheese (Feta works well too)
- Champagne Vinegar
I am all about grilling right now. I think that it just brings out the natural flavors of food. The caramelization that vegetables take on is just delicious. Grilling Romaine adds a smokiness to all of the other flavors already going on.
This salad was so delicious, that I’ve eaten it three times this week already! It makes a great vegetarian meal or you could add some grilled shrimp for your meat lover.
I think you’ll enjoy these recipes too!
- Fresh Greek Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Vegetarian Spinach Power Salad
- Grilled Peach Salad with Honey-Jalapeno Dressing
Latest or greatest from the Hostess!
- How To Make Perfect Poached Eggs (Easy Recipe)
- Homemade English Muffin Recipe (from Scratch)
- Fluffy Sourdough Pancakes Recipe (with Discard)
- Sweet Nut Christmas Bread Wreath Recipe (Braided)
- Easy Peanut Butter Bundt Cake Recipe (From Scratch)