Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup Cake is a beautifully simple and delicious cake that is perfect for any celebration. There are no fancy techniques, this cake bakes with a surprise center.
When my in-laws moved to an independent living facility, I was the benefactor of my mother-in-law’s recipe box. This box is a piece of art. It was made by my father-in-law who still whittles at 93 years of age. He also hand-carved the lettering. He made one for me years ago too.
The thing that I love about my mother-in-law’s recipe box is that it is full of recipes that represent the dishes that she made for her family. Some of these recipes come from the family that spans more than 90 years, and some recipes are those that we copied from our favorite brands, such as this Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup Cake. She also gave me her heavy metal bundt pan that she purchased just for this recipe. Nothing sticks to that pan!
My husband John stated that this was often his mother’s go-to cake, so I thought it would be a special surprise when we had them over on Father’s Day. I went to the Hershey’s website and didn’t find this particular cake. The recipe card has her friends name on it so either Hershey’s retired it or it was created by her friend.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
Either way, it was definitely a great surprise to them. This cake was easy to make and delicious to eat. It can be just dusted with a simple powdered sugar or as I did, a simple chocolate ganache that I used previously as seen here. I also served it with a bit of vanilla ice cream. How can you have cake without ice cream? Don’t answer that. I don’t intend on trying anyway. When you cut into this cake, you get the two toned crumb that makes it look like you went to a lot of work. Go ahead, dab that brow and bake this cake for your loved ones.
Hershey Syrup Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 8 oz Hershey's Chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, and baking powder. Whisk together to mix.
- Alternate adding milk and flour mixture to butter mixture. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the bundt pan. Add Hershey's syrup and salt to remaining batter. Mix to combine. Pour over the top of the white batter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely in the bundt pan on a wire rack.