There are some flavors that are just meant to go together like chocolate and raspberry. Wrap them both up in a Raspberry Chocolate Pound Cake and you have a 5-star winner.
Cakes don’t have to be difficult or technical to make to be absolutely delicious. When I came across this Raspberry Chocolate Pound Cake recipe in my mother-in-law’s recipe box I just had to try it. I knew that it would be perfect to take to a virtual weeklong party known as Choctoberfest too!
Noted on the recipe card was that she’d gotten it from “Karin – – Hershey Calendar”. When I was younger and cooking for my family, a lot of my recipes were taken from the ingredient package or given to me by friends. I don’t know if other people talk about food as much as I do, but I’ve been in the recipe sharing business for a long time. That’s probably how my Mother-in-law acquired this recipe too.
I found a very similar recipe on the Hershey’s website. It’s not identical but close enough. I did use Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa because I wanted a cake with a deep rich chocolate flavor. Just look at that deep rich color. It tastes as good as it looks my friends. The jam glaze added a great texture to the exterior and gave it a striking purple hue.[Tweet “Raspberry Chocolate Pound Cake is a 5-star winner! #Choctoberfest #food #recipe@“]
Don’t have time to make them now? Pin it for later!
Raspberry Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa I used Hershey's Special Dark
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam or preserves divided
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 12 cup fluted (bundt) pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl microwave 3/4 cup raspberry jam on high until melted (30-45 seconds). Allow to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low to combine.
- Add butter, sour cream, eggs, vanilla and melted jam. Beat on a medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan on a cooling rack. Remove the cake from the pan onto the cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, microwave remaining 1/4 cup jam until melted. Brush jam over warm cake.
- Cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Store at room temperature in a covered container.
Raspberry Chocolate Pound Cake is a winner in my recipe box. It was so easy to put together, and I’ll definitely make it again.
This is the second Hershey’s cake on Hostess At Heart. The first was Hershey’s Syrup Cake and is also amazing! And if your in the mood for cake here are a few more that I love!
This post includes some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.