Homemade Fresh Peach Crisp is a combination of velvety sweet peaches, warm cinnamon, and brown sugar all under a layer of buttery crisp crumble. Simple to make and delicious to eat especially warmed and served with a scoop of ice cream!
Homemade Fresh Peach Crisp is a celebration of textures and flavors that make the perfect dessert. It’s sweet, creamy and crunchy. It will warm you from the inside out and have you longing for more before you take the last bite.
Every winter I whine about the cold and how I wish we could live in a warmer climate. The truth is that every season has its merits and I really have a hard time choosing which is my favorite. Giving up summer is always hard but I love the cooling weather and the COLORADO PEACHES! It says Fall and all of it’s beauty is here.
When I think of fall my mind automatically goes to that lug of Colorado peaches that I pre-order each year. I usually split it with a couple people but keep the mother-load for myself! We were on vacation when they came in this year and sadly they weren’t in the best shape when I got my hands on them. They were better for cooking than eating fresh.
I knew I wanted to make a Peach Crisp recipe this year. I love crisp recipes because they are easier to put together than a pie or tart. You don’t have to start with a crust. That and I just love that crisp topping. I don’t add oats. I’m not sure that I’d have room for them after I get more cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter crumbled together. I’m seriously drooling here folks!
Warm peach desserts just beg for cinnamon and brown sugar and this Homemade Fresh Peach Crisp recipe has it all. I haven’t made it with frozen peaches but I would think that it would work just fine too. Just watch that you don’t add a lot of liquid if the peaches are frozen in a sauce or juice product. I wouldn’t use canned peaches because they would get too soft and probably mushy.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
Homemade Fresh Peach Crisp Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tbsp butter chilled and cut into small pieces (I use unsalted butter)
- 7 peaches skinned, pitted and cut into 1/2" slices
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- non-stick cooking spray or butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease an 8x8 pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the topping ingredients. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients using a pastry cutter, two forks or your fingers until crumbly. Set aside.
- Put sliced peaches into a large bowl. Pour apple juice and lemon juice over the peaches. Sprinkle with the flour, cinnamon, and sugar. Stir to combine and pour into prepared pan.
- Cover the peaches with the topping.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow crisp to cool (or chill) before cutting into squares or spoon warm into bowls. Top with ice cream if desired.
Here are a few more of my most loved peach recipes!
What is your favorite season? All that being said, I know winter is still in 4th place! What is your favorite way to use peaches? I’d love it if you would share with the rest of us!