I’ll take this Quick and Easy Apple Crisp recipe over cake anytime. It is simple to put together and the perfect treat especially with a dollop of frozen yogurt.
I love apples, and I will choose an apple crisp or pie over cake anytime. With my sweet tooth, I set out to make a recipe that didn’t shoot my healthy food choices out of the water. This Quick and Easy Apple Crisp recipe has 8 servings, and 234 calories unless you dip into a bit of ice cream too. I actually added some frozen yogurt, and it was delish!
Growing up we almost always ate school lunches. I think they did a great job and I liked my lunch on most days. Especially on Chili day. We always got a big square of apple crisp with our chili. I just couldn’t savor it more and it’s still one of my favorite desserts.
I’ve always loved apples and eat one almost every single day at lunch. If my eyes are hungrier than my stomach at the store I’ll buy more than what I can eat. That’s when I make up a crisp. This is definitely one of John’s favorite ways to enjoy apples! What I like about this Quick and Easy Apple Crisp recipe is that it tastes like a great apple pie but you don’t have to fuss with a crust.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
Quick and Easy Apple Crisp Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 4 tbsp butter chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 7 apples cored and cut into 1/2" slices
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F and Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the topping ingredients. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients using a pastry cutter, two forks or your fingers until crumbly. Set aside.
- Put sliced apples into a large bowl. Pour apple cider and lemon juice over the apples. Sprinkle with the flour, cinnamon, and sugar. Stir to combine and pour into prepared pan.
- Cover apples with topping.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Did you have a favorite school lunch or a favorite combination like chili and apple crisp? Share them with the rest of us in the comments below. I’d love you hear your ideas or family traditions!