The uses for fresh peach sauce are endless. It makes a great topping over ice cream and cake, delicious yogurt parfait, frozen popsicle, or Peach Bellini.
This Homemade Fresh Peach Sauce is so versatile and can be served so many ways. Making fruit sauces are a great way to enjoy fresh fruit flavor while knowing exactly what the ingredients are.
I grew up in an agricultural community where we enjoyed fresh summer and fall produce.
We shared it, ate it fresh, or canned it for a rainy day. I rely on farmers’ markets or grocery stores for my produce now but regardless of where it comes from, one thing remains the same, I don’t want to waste it.
So when I had several peaches that were getting beyond their prime I decided to whip up some peach sauce.
What I couldn’t use right away I put in the freezer for another day.
When my children were younger one of their favorite treats was homemade applesauce. I usually made it on cold days and served it with soup, stew, or chili.
It was just one of those combinations that went well together. I’d cook up a large batch and break it down into smaller containers and pop into the freezer.
This is exactly what I did with my homemade peach sauce.
Fresh Peach Sauce Ingredients
What I love about fruit sauce is the minimal ingredients.
- Fresh Peaches – The type of peaches doesn’t matter.
- Sugar – White sugar is what I used. You can replace 1/4 cup of the white sugar with brown sugar. It’s delicious!
Sprinkling this fresh fruit sauce with a little cinnamon adds a warm touch.
This recipe can be increased or decreased according to the number of peaches you have. I wouldn’t use more lemon than what this recipe calls for unless you are doubling it.
Just a few more peaches doesn’t warrant additional lemon juice.
How to use Fresh Peach Sauce
Fresh Peach Yogurt Parfait
Here are a few more ideas for this sauce!
- Blend sauce and mascarpone or cream cheese together for a quick fruit dip or the start of a great fruit pizza.
- Add fresh herbs such as thyme and rosemary for a glaze on roasted chicken or pork.
- Substitute frozen sauce for a quick smoothie.
- Freeze for a clean popsicle. Add whole fruit to mix it up.
- Peach margaritas
Can’t make it now? Pin it for later!
Here are a few more recipes you may enjoy using fresh peaches
Tips for storing: This Peach Sauce recipe will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator or frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months in the freezer.
This recipe can also be canned in the same manner as you would applesauce.
There’s nothing better than the taste of fresh peaches long after the season has passed.
Our most popular recipes
I would love it if you enjoy this recipe that you will leave me a comment and rate the recipe with 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Homemade Fresh Peach Sauce Recipe
- 7 Peaches *skinned and pits removed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- You can skin the peaches before or after you cook them. Cut them in half and remove the pit. Cover the bottom of a deep sided pan with water. Add peaches and allow to cook until softened, approximately 20 minutes.
- Peaches are too fibrous to pass through a sieve so add them to a blender, food processor or stick immersion blender. Process them until smooth. Return them to the heat and add lemon juice and sugar. Heat until sugar is dissolved, approximately 10 minutes.
What is your favorite way to use peaches? I’d love it if you would share it with the rest of us!