Homemade Fresh Peach Sauce is a delicious way to serve fruit to the entire family. It is so versatile and can be served so many ways.
This Homemade Fresh Peach Sauce is so versatile and can be served so many ways. Making fruit sauces are a great way to enjoy fresh fruit flavor while knowing exactly what the ingredients are.
I grew up in an agricultural community where we enjoyed fresh summer and fall produce.
We shared it, ate it fresh, or canned it for a rainy day. I rely on farmers’ markets or grocery stores for my produce now but regardless of where it comes from, one thing remains the same, I don’t want to waste it.
So when I had several peaches that were getting beyond their prime I decided to whip up some peach sauce. What I couldn’t use right away I put in the freezer for another day.
When my children were younger one of their favorite treats was homemade applesauce. I usually made it on cold days and served it with soup, stew, or chili.
It was just one of those combinations that went well together. I’d cook up a large batch and break it down into smaller containers and pop into the freezer.
This is exactly what I did with my homemade peach sauce.
How to use Fresh Peach Sauce
Fresh Peach Yogurt Parfait
Can’t make it now? Pin it for later!
Here are a few more ideas for this sauce!
- Blend sauce and mascarpone or cream cheese together for a quick fruit dip or the start of a great fruit pizza.
- Add fresh herbs such as thyme and rosemary for a glaze on roasted chicken or pork.
- Substitute frozen sauce for a quick smoothie.
- Freeze for a clean popsicle. Add whole fruit to mix it up.
- Peach margaritas
Here are a few more recipes you may enjoy using fresh peaches
Homemade Fresh Peach Sauce Recipe
- 7 Peaches *skinned and pits removed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- You can skin the peaches before or after you cook them. Cut them in half and remove the pit. Cover the bottom of a deep sided pan with water. Add peaches and allow to cook until softened, approximately 20 minutes.
- Peaches are too fibrous to pass through a sieve so add them to a blender, food processor or stick immersion blender. Process them until smooth. Return them to the heat and add lemon juice and sugar. Heat until sugar is dissolved, approximately 10 minutes.
What is your favorite way to use peaches? I’d love it if you would share it with the rest of us!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for spending some time with me today!