Strawberry Rhubarb Bread with Streusel Topping could easily pass for cake. It is sweet, tart, and crunchy all at the same time. It’s perfect for any time from breakfast to dessert.
If this Strawberry Rhubarb Bread with Streusel Topping was entered in the County Fair, I know I would walk away with a purple ribbon! How do I know? Experience!
True story here. When I was younger, I was in a club called the 4-H Club.
When the county fair rolled around, we were required to submit an entry. I had signed up for a cooking division and specifically wanted to enter my mother’s coffee cake recipe.
My entry was due and I had totally forgotten to make it. I remembered it while at a school function, and knew that there was no way I was going to be able to make it!
I called my mother and asked her to bake it for me. I knew I would be awarded a winning ribbon because my mother’s coffee cake was the best!
Well, karma was not on my side. I (my mother) received a white ribbon, which essentially says better luck next time.
I would like to think that I have honed my craft over the years, but like any baker, some recipes are hits and some are misses.
If you’re still looking for quick bread recipes, here are a few of my favorites!
This recipe is a hit in every way possible. The crumb is so soft and moist. It’s nice and sweet with a mix of tart from the rhubarb.
The streusel gives this bread a delightful crunch, and the lemon just brightens up everything beautifully.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
Some of our favorite strawberry recipes!
- Strawberry Kuchen
- Strawberry Slab Pie
- Boozy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
I would love it if you enjoy this recipe that you will leave me a comment and rate the recipe with 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Our moat POPULAR recipes!
- Overnight Sourdough Bread
- Fruit Cocktail Salad
- Pear Pie Filling
- Chocolate Trifle
- Italian Bread Recipe
- Swedish Apple Pie
Another true story. John wanted to share this with his parents. I said not this time, I wasn’t sharing! Karma will probably bite me for that too!
Strawberry Rhubarb Bread with Streusel Topping
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 6 tbl unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice and zest
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup rhubarb sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbl cold butter diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan. You can also line it with parchment paper as I often do and then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the dry bread ingredients (flour through salt) together in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine eggs, lemon juice, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in rhubarb and strawberries. Pour into prepared pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in cold butter using two forks until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over bread.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Turn pan halfway through baking. Cool completely in the pan on a wire cooling rack.
- Remove bread from pan. Combine glaze ingredients. Add additional milk if the glaze is too thick to drizzle over bread.