Soba Noodle Salad
This Soba Noodle Salad is a great recipe to take to a potluck or for lunch at work. Add chicken or shrimp and you have a quick and delicious dinner.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 8 mins
Total Time 28 mins
- 9.5 oz package of Soba Noodles I choose organic, gluten free
- 1 1/2 cups red pepper julienned (one large or two small peppers)
- 1 1/2 cup snow peas
- 5 green onions sliced thinly white and green parts, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (toasted if desired), and additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce reduced sodium preferred
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper more or less according to your heat tolerance
Add soba noodles to rapidly boiling water. Cook for 4 minutes. Drain and remove to a bowl. Refrigerate and allow to chill.
Add sesame seeds to a skillet and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and aromatic. Remove seeds from skillet or seeds will continue to cook.
Steam red pepper and snow peas for 3 to 4 minutes. While steaming, prepare a cold-water bath by adding cold water and ice to a bowl. Add steamed vegetables to cold water. Drain when cooled.
Prepare vinaigrette by adding all ingredients to a jar or bowl. Shake or whisk to combine.
In a large bowl, combine noodles, steamed vegetables, matchstick carrots, green onion and sesame seeds.
Pour vinaigrette over salad until thoroughly coated.
Refrigerate any leftover vinaigrette or salad in a covered container.
This salad may be made a day in advance.
Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2590IU | Vitamin C: 32.5mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.3mg