Corned Beef Cabbage Slaw Sandwich
Corned Beef Cabbage Slaw Sandwich that's slathered with a brown sugar mustard sauce and heaped with a creamy caraway slaw.
Servings 6 sandwiches
- Corned Beef cooked and sliced or shaved thin
- Sandwich bread of your choice I choose seedless rye
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt I used fat-free
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp allspice approx 17 berries
- 1/2 tsp caraway seed
In a bowl or jar, combine lemon juice, yogurt, salt and honey
In a small skillet, combine the mustard seed, allspice berries, and caraway seed. Heat until aromatic.
Grind in a spice grinder and add to slaw ingredients.
Stir to combine
Ground spices may be substituted for whole seeds and berries.
Nutritional values are for the slaw only since bread and the amount of meat you use can vary.
Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 447mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 12.8mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 0.4mg