Scallops with Pineapple Salsa and Plum Wasabi Drizzle
Scallops with Pineapple Salsa and Plum Wasabi Drizzle make an impressive appetizer. No one needs to know how quick and simple it is to make.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 5 mins
Total Time 20 mins
- 6 fresh scallops rinsed and dried
- 2 endive washed and leaves separated
- 2 tbsp canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 1 tbsp shallot finely diced
- 1 tsp ginger fresh grated
- 1/2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt
Plum Wasabi Sauce
- 1/4 cup Plum Sauce found with the Asian ingredients
- 1/4 tsp prepared Wasabi prepared
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce
Combine the salsa ingredients together and the plum wasabi sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
Wash and dry scallops. Salt and pepper both sides. In a skillet, heat oil over a medium-high heat, until an added drop of water sizzles. Add scallops, and cook on the first side for 2 minutes. Don't attempt to move them until it is time to turn them. Cook on the other side for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from the skillet.
Fill each leaf with pineapple salsa. Top with a scallop and drizzle with plum wasabi sauce.
Can be served hot or cold.
Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 546mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 65% | Vitamin C: 12.9% | Calcium: 7.8% | Iron: 8.2%