The Best Chili Recipe
The Best Chili recipe is a simple homemade soup that combines a secret ingredient for chili with savory spices and ground beef. This chili for a large group recipe can be made ahead and made just as spicy as you want.
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 1 hr
Servings 32 servings
- 6 lbs ground beef
- 3 quarts stewed tomatoes 6-9 cans**
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 2 cans Mrs Grimes Hot Chili Beans
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1/2 bottle ketchup 7 oz total
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup Chili Powder to taste or more if you like spice
In a large skillet or dutch oven, brown hamburger with onion and yellow mustard. Brown in batches if necessary. Drain excess grease.
Combine meat and all of the remaining ingredients in a large stockpot or a crockpot.
Simmer until all flavors are combined.
- **I process the stewed tomatoes to remove the large pieces.
- I allow my chili to simmer until I can no longer detect any flavor from the cans. 30 minutes to several hours, whatever time you have.
- This chili can be simmered for several hours on top of the stove or in a slow cooker.
- Chili may be frozen in reclosable bags or airtight containers.
Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 265mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 3.1mg
This recipe was calculated using the exact brands and measurements I used to make this recipe. If you are following a strict diet please note changing anything will cause the nutritional info to change. My calculations are intended as a guide only.