Cranberry Upside-Down Cake is soft and tender. The cake tastes like sweet cream which is a great contrast to the tartness of the cranberries. It’s a great way to launch #CranberryWeek!
Cranberries are such an underutilized fruit. It used to be that most households would buy a bag of cranberries (or can) for Thanksgiving. They were always made into a sauce or salad in my house. If only I’d had this Cranberry Upside-Down Cake.
Our use of cranberries is much better today. I put dried cranberries in salads, oatmeal, trail mix, and granola. I still don’t buy and use fresh or frozen whole cranberries except at Thanksgiving. After all of the cranberry recipes being published this week, there may be a shortage by the time we get to Thanksgiving.[Tweet “Cranberry Upside-Down Cake Recipe #CranberryWeek”]
Cranberry Upside-Down Cake may change that in this house. I can’t tell you how delicious this cake is. It’s so soft and tender. It tastes like sweet cream and is a wonderful contrast to the tartness of the cranberries. It’s going to become one of our regular favorites.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
Now the cranberry love continues. Let’s take a look at some of the other delicious entries.
Welcome to #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline’s Cooking and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We’ll be sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration. But first, see all the other cranberry recipes being shared today:
- Cranberry-Apple Sauce from The Chef Next Door
- Cranberry Cornbread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Maple Delicata Squash Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Orange Baked Brie from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry Palmiers from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Cranberry Rosemary Cornbread from Life Currents
- Cranberry Snack Cake from Cooking With Carlee
- Cranberry Upside Down Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Noreaster from Family Around The Table
- Pork Shashlyk and Tkemali from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cranberries from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Brisket from Palatable Pastime
- Stuffed Endive with Blue Cheese, Walnuts & Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Upsidedown Cranberry Cake from Hostess At Heart