Cranberry Vanilla Baked Donuts are soft, tender, and delicious. They can be made in a jiffy and topped with anything you desire.
The donut demon has been released. Ever since I made the Dark Chocolate Baked Donuts recipe, I’ve been dreaming up other ways to show my once neglected donut pan some love. This Cranberry Vanilla Baked Donuts Recipe deserves a whole lot of love.
Items you may need to make the best Cranberry Vanilla Donut recipe!
- Donut pans – These non-stick donut pans are so easy to use and the baked donuts pop right out.
- Cooling racks – I love these large racks. I can get an entire batch od cookies on one and they’re tough enough to hold large loaves of bread. It fits into my half-sheet pan for baking bacon too!
Cranberries are delicious and can be used in so many ways. It used to be that I bought a bag at Thanksgiving and made a delicious sauce. Whatever was left went to waste. I don’t like wasting food so am always thinking of other ways to use ingredients. Unfortunately, unlike other fruits, they are just too sour to eat as is.
Last year I made Cranberry Orange muffins. They were so delicious that I knew Cranberry Vanilla Baked Donuts would be delicious too and I wasn’t wrong. The smooth vanilla flavor really comes through and blends so well with the citrus of the cranberry. The crumb is delicate and just melts in your mouth.
I glazed these babies and dipped a few in-ground walnuts. You could top them any way you please, dust them with powdered sugar or just as is.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
If you liked this recipe, here are a few recipes you may enjoy
Cranberry Vanilla Baked Donuts Recipe
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/3 cup cranberries finely chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5-6 tablespoons cream or milk
- Seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean
- Ground walnuts or powdered sugar or other toppings as desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil donut pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine egg, egg yolk, and buttermilk. Whisk to combine. Add oil, vanilla, and vanilla bean seeds. Whisk again to combine.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Fold cranberries into batter.
- Fill a ziplock bag with the filling and clip the corner of the bag. Squeeze batter into donut pan until 3/4 full.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don’t over bake.
- Let cool 5 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Add cream to powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until glaze is thin enough to dip donuts. Add vanilla seeds and stir to combine.
- Dip donuts in glaze and immediately into ground walnuts or other toppings.
- Serve immediately
- Store leftovers in a sealed container at room temperature.
This recipe was calculated using the exact brands and measurements I used to make this recipe. If you are following a strict diet please note changing anything will cause the nutritional info to change. My calculations are intended as a guide only.
What is your favorite way to use cranberries? I’d love it if you would share your ideas!
Welcome to #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline’s Cooking. We’ll be sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration. But first, see all the other cranberry recipes being shared today:
- Braised Short Ribs with Hoisin-Cranberry Sauce and Asian Coleslaw from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry Borscht from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Glazed Pork Loin from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mixed Berry Sorbet from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cranberry Lemon Curd Tart (no bake, GF) from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Smoothie from The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Brie with Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Cranberry Vanilla Bean Donuts from Hostess At Heart
- Orange Cranberry Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Panko Crusted Chicken with Maple Cranberry Sauce from Family Around The Table
- Sweet Heat Cranberry Spread from Cooking With Carlee