Cranberry Vanilla Baked Donuts are soft, tender, and delicious. They can be made in a jiffy and topped with anything you desire.
The donut demon has been released. Ever since I made the Dark Chocolate Baked Donuts recipe, I’ve been dreaming up other ways to show my once neglected donut pan some love. This Cranberry Vanilla Baked Donuts Recipe deserves a whole lot of love.
Cranberries are delicious and can be used in so many ways. It used to be that I bought a bag at Thanksgiving and made a delicious sauce. Whatever was left went to waste. I don’t like wasting food so am always thinking of other ways to use ingredients. Unfortunately, unlike other fruits, they are just too sour to eat as is.[Tweet “Cranberry Vanilla Baked Donuts perfect for #Cranberryweek”]
Last year I made Cranberry Orange muffins. They were so delicious that I knew Cranberry Vanilla Baked Donuts would be delicious too and I wasn’t wrong. The smooth vanilla flavor really comes through and blends so well with the citrus of the cranberry. The crumb is delicate and just melts in your mouth.
I glazed these babies and dipped a few in-ground walnuts. You could top them any way you please, dust them with powdered sugar or just as is.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
I would love it if you enjoy this recipe that you will leave me a comment and rate the recipe with 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Cranberry Vanilla Baked Donuts Recipe
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/3 cup cranberries finely chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5-6 tablespoons cream or milk
- Seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean
- Ground walnuts or powdered sugar or other toppings as desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil donut pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine egg, egg yolk, and buttermilk. Whisk to combine. Add oil, vanilla, and vanilla bean seeds. Whisk again to combine.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Fold cranberries into batter.
- Fill a ziplock bag with the filling and clip the corner of the bag. Squeeze batter into donut pan until 3/4 full.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don’t over bake.
- Let cool 5 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Add cream to powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until glaze is thin enough to dip donuts. Add vanilla seeds and stir to combine.
- Dip donuts in glaze and immediately into ground walnuts or other toppings.
- Serve immediately
- Store leftovers in a sealed container at room temperature.
What is your favorite way to use cranberries? I’d love it if you would share your ideas!
Welcome to #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline’s Cooking. We’ll be sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration. But first, see all the other cranberry recipes being shared today:
- Braised Short Ribs with Hoisin-Cranberry Sauce and Asian Coleslaw from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry Borscht from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Glazed Pork Loin from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Lemon Curd Tart (no bake, GF) from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Smoothie from The Chef Next Door
- Cranberry Vanilla Bean Donuts from Hostess At Heart
- Grilled Brie with Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Mixed Berry Sorbet from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange Cranberry Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Panko Crusted Chicken with Maple Cranberry Sauce from Family Around The Table
- Sweet Heat Cranberry Spread from Cooking With Carlee