What? Another salad? Enough already you say? Well, I am totally into fresh produce, and while I can get it, I am salad crazy. This one happens to just be a side salad though and goes with so many things, so I am hoping you hang in there with me. Plus, it’s so easy to make. It is quick, and you can make a single serving or a mountain of the stuff.
I recently commented on one of my blogging friends’ website regarding a salad that she had posted. I stated that she proved that a dish doesn’t have to be difficult to be delicious (I said nummy). So, I am taking my own comment to heart. This salad is a dish that I frequently make. We love the fresh ingredients. It is light and goes with so many things.
I have some beautiful tomatoes ripening right now.
I have a large round variety that is great for burgers and sandwiches, some roma tomatoes that are great for salsa recipes, and some grape tomatoes that are so sweet that I pluck them into my mouth right off the vine.
I like using the grape tomatoes in this recipe. Their sweetness is a nice contrast to the stronger garlic and sweet basil flavors.
This recipe is one of those that would drive my daughter crazy. She gives me a hard time when she wants a recipe and I tell her to just throw this and that together. Well, that is basically what we do with this recipe. Like I said, you can make a single serving, or make up a large bowl.
How to make Fresh Tomato Mozarella Salad
- Slice grape tomatoes in half. In a bowl, add the tomatoes to peeled and chopped cucumbers.
- Chop the cucumbers approximately the same size as the tomatoes.
- Add finely sliced green onions. I also have some beautiful sweet basil and Italian parsley that is doing very well in my garden.
- Thinly slice sweet basil leaves (chiffonade is the fancy term) and finely chopped parsley.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs, dried oregano, and some salt and pepper.
For the dressing, you can just drizzle on a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar or a good Italian dressing. I keep it in the refrigerator and it’s my go-to salad dressing.
I add fresh mozzarella pearls to the salad right before serving. If you add them to soon, they can get mushy. You can slice or cube fresh mozzarella yourself if you don’t have the pearls.
Italian Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- 4 cups Grape tomatoes Sliced in bite sizes
- 1 Cucumber Peeled if desired and diced
- 2 Green onion green and white parts thinly sliced
- 4 Fresh sweet basil leaves sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp Dry oregano
- 4 oz Mozzarella diced or purchased as pearls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Combine all of the salad ingredients.
- Combine the balsamic vinaigrette in a separate container and whisk to combine.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad ingredients prior to serving.
- Store unused portion in the refrigerator.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for spending some time with me today!