Sweet and Spicy Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread is an easy to make recipe that goes perfectly with any meal that needs spiced up. It’s delicious any time of year and makes enough to feed a good-sized crowd.
I couldn’t wait to share this cheesy Jalapeno Cornbread recipe with you! Do you remember that amazing Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili that I made?
I am just drooling thinking about it. I’ve got to make a double batch next time. Well, when I shared the recipe, I told you that I served it with Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread.
That chili with this cornbread makes one delicious dinner!
I’ve made this cornbread several times. I make it whenever I make other warm or spicy meals regardless of the time of year.
This Cheesy Jalapeno Cornbread recipe makes a full 9×13 pan, so there is always enough to go around.
This cornbread has a soft tender interior with a nice light crunch on the top from the sprinkled cheese. I love the little kick that you get from the jalapeno in contrast to the sweetness of the cornmeal.
I’ve even been known to drizzle honey over a nice big warm slice.
I always grate a good Cheddar cheese such as Tillamook for this bread, but you can speed up the process and use the pre-shredded cheese for convenience.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- 3 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks, melted
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar grated and divided.
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions white and green parts, plus extra for garnish, 3 scallions
- 3 jalapeno peppers seeded and minced
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and butter.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined. Don’t over mix. Mix in 2 cups of the Cheddar cheese, scallions and jalapenos. Allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese and extra chopped scallions.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe was calculated using the exact brands and measurements I used to make this recipe. If you are following a strict diet please note changing anything will cause the nutritional info to change. My calculations are intended as a guide only.
I hope you will give this cornbread a try. I think it will become a regular favorite on your table, just like it is on mine.