Easy Teriyaki Chicken Bowl Recipe is a rich, slightly sweet, savory dish that’s better than takeout. Served on rice with veggies and it’s a complete meal!
It’s time for the Spring version of “The Freaky Friday” blog hop, and I’m bringing an Easy Teriyaki Chicken Bowl to the party!
The Freaky Friday blog hop is a group of bloggers that are secretly assigned each others’ blogs from which we choose a recipe. It is so much fun, and the bloggers that participate are all amazing foodies.
The biggest problem I always have is picking just one recipe to post about.
This time I had the pleasure of being assigned Debra’s blog Bowl Me Over. Debra is the go-to-girl in the family for catering family events including weddings, anniversaries, and reunions.
We are talking about a serious foodie my friends.
One thing we have in common is that we TRY to keep our dishes on the healthier side, but it has to be flavorful too.
Her blog name, Bowl Me Over, is appropriately named because a lot of her recipes start with one ingredient, often leftovers, thrown in a bowl and built into an amazing recipe from there.
Amazing like this Easy Teriyaki Chicken Bowl Recipe! I just couldn’t decide on where to stop when trying to decide what to make. Since it’s so nice out, I really wanted a grilled recipe.
I decided that one would have to wait until I had guests over after I envisioned myself with the whole thing and a spoon.
Noodles are another great option such as buckwheat noodles also called soba noodles. Rice noodles are another great option.
Still looking for Asian Recipes?
We love Asian food. You can find all of our Asian recipes here.
Can’t make it now? Pin it for later!
Easy Teriyaki Chicken Bowl Recipe – #FreakyFridayRecipes
- 6 Chicken Thighs boneless skinless
- 2 cups soy sauce I used low sodium
- 3/4 cup brown sugar I used dark but either is fine
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 5 green onions sliced thinly (white and green parts)
- 1/2 tsp Sesame seeds optional for garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the chicken, in a closable storage bag or large bowl. Shake or stir to dissolve sugar. Scoop out about 1/2 cup and set aside. Add chicken to the bag/bowl and allow to marinate for two hours or even overnight.
- When it’s time to grill, remove chicken from the bag/bowl and shake to remove extra liquid. Discard the marinade. Grill until cooked thoroughly, approximately 6 to 8 minutes per side. Remove and cover loosely with foil for 10 minutes.
- While the meat is resting, heat reserved sauce until thickened, approximately 10 minutes.
- Chop the chicken in small pieces and serve over rice. Drizzle with thickened sauce and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
Just go see for yourself all of the amazing recipes on Bowl Me Over. I’ll guarantee you’ll want to stay a while. While you’re at it, take a look at what these other Freaky Friday participants are cooking up!
An Affair from the Heart – Easy Homemade Refried Beans
Take Two Tapas – Pineapple Hummus with Smoked Paprika
LeMoine Family Kitchen – Sausage Hash Brown Nests
Who Needs a Cape? – French Onion Salisbury Steak
Plattertalk – Lemon Loaf Cake
Hostess at Heart – Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
Life Currents – Blue Cheese, Fig, and Caramelized Onion Palmiers
Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Baked Lemon Glazed Donuts
Bowl Me Over – Southwest Chicken Salad Bowl
A Dish of Daily Life – Chicken Carbonara Pasta
Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Summer Corn Salsa
Seduction in the Kitchen – Honey Roasted Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie