Festive Cherry Almond Kugelhopf Bread is soft and tender with a beautiful cherry aroma. While not too sweet, the tartness of the cherries pairs perfectly with the Powdered Sugar dusting.
I have the privilege of hosting Bread Bakers this month. For our theme, I chose bread inspired by Mother’s Day or Spring flowers. This Cherry Almond Kugelhopf Bread is inspired by both.
It’s no secret or disrespect when I say my mother didn’t love cooking. Her meals were very simple and she wasn’t much of a baker. One thing that she did do exceptionally well was to make pies. We had two cherry trees in our yard and they made the best cherry pies. Especially will a dollop of vanilla ice cream!
So I wanted to make sure that my bread represented our theme. Cherries definitely remind me of my mother and those cherry blossoms are nothing short of glorious this time of year.
Kugelhopf Bread is said to come from Vienna. Cherries and raisins are typical of this bread in the Alsace area. John doesn’t love raisins so I went all Dried Montgomery cherries. They were so plump after a short Cherry brandy bath that they held up well in this bread. The cherry brandy is evident spiking the crumb with its beautiful aroma.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
I’m hoping you agree that this is indeed a very special bread and hope that you will stick around and check out some of the other great May bread recipes!
This month’s BreadBakers’ theme is Mother’s Day or May Day inspired bread, hosted by Julie at Hostess At Heart. Here’s what our creative bakers came up with.
- Almond Rose Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apricot Sweet Rolls by Cook’s Hideout
- Banana and Chocolate Chip Flower Cake by Sneha’s Recipe
- Beetroot Cinnamon Rolls by Herbivore Cucina
- Blueberry Muffin Cups with Warm Lemon Sauce by A Salad For All Seasons
- Cherry Almond Kugelhopf by Hostess At Heart
- Cheesy Pizza Roses by Food Lust People Love
- Flower Bread with Savoury Onion Filling by Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange Marmalade Rolls by Ambrosia
- Peynirli Cicek Pogaca/ Turkish Cheese Flower Bread by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Pogaca -Turkish Breakfast Bread by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Pumpkin Lavender Coconut Biscuits by The Schizo Chef
- Sfoof by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Sunflower Crumb Muffins by Baking Sense
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.