Super Yummy Snickerdoodle Bars Recipe combines a sweet buttery sugar cookie with warm cinnamon and vanilla. This bar is guaranteed to become a family favorite.
We have had so many cold and rainy days this Spring. The whole thing puts me in that nesting mode. I just want to spend my days baking and munching. And, no I don’t have any idea why my jeans are snug. So over the weekend, I thought about putting some cookies together and started searching the world wide web for inspiration. I made this Super Yummy Snickerdoodle Bars recipe sounded amazing.
I started backpedaling on the cookie idea once I landed on this recipe for Snickerdoodle Bars by My Baking Addition. I could very easily and quickly combine John’s love of Snickerdoodle cookies into a one-pan dessert. I love one-pan desserts because they are so easy to just pour into a pan and bake at once. Don’t get me wrong, I still love a good cookie but bars are so convenient and a real time saver.
The wonderful thing about these Snickerdoodle bars, besides being quick and easy, is that the ingredients are everything that I generally have on hand. The best thing about these cookie bars is their taste. They are like a soft buttery sugar cookie infused with cinnamon and warm vanilla and then topped with a creamy sugar glaze. They will become one of my go-to treats.
Quick and easy Super Yummy Snickerdoodle Bars recipe combine a sweet buttery sugar cookie with warm cinnamon and vanilla. This dessert could be the next favorite with your family.
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. Spray the bottom of a 9X13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and then line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in sugars and beat for an additional 2 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined. Turn the mixer to low and add the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon half of the batter into the pan and spread evenly. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Spoon a teaspoon-sized amount of the remaining batter evenly over the pumpkin pie spice mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the bars using a spoon or fork.
Recipe developed by My Baking Addiction