This ooey gooey Hazelnut Cookie Bar recipe is quick, easy, delicious and best of all semi-homemade. It’s perfect for a crowd and easy to share.
I love cookies, and there are very few varieties that I don’t like. Cookies can be time-consuming though so I decided to come up with a new cookie bar. This Easy Hazelnut Cookie Bar is everything and more than what I expected.
I was looking through one of my food magazines and saw a macadamia bar that looked interesting. As I always do, I started thinking of the changes that I would make. The filling required you to bring it to a boil and cook it like candy with a thermometer. As delicious as I am sure it is, I just didn’t want to go to all of that trouble.The only thing these bars have in common with the ones that I saw is that they contain nuts. Not macadamias but hazelnuts because I love them. Just like I love these new bars. They baked up like an ooey gooey chocolate Nutella brownie.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
Hazelnut Cookie Bar Recipe
- 16.5 oz sugar cookie dough packaged
- 1 cup hazelnuts roughly chopped roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dark rum or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup Nutella spread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Press or roll sugar cookie dough into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Refrigerate until your ready for it.
- Put eggs, brown sugar, rum, butter and Nutella spread in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until frothy, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Fold in chopped hazelnuts. Pour over cookie dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely on a cooling rack and refrigerate.
In case you haven’t been keeping up with Chocotoberfest this year, Hostess At Heart has been up to her eyeballs in chocolate!
Even though Choctoberfest is coming to an end, there will never be an end, there will never be a shortage of the chocolaty goodness at Hostess At Heart. I hope you’ll take a look at some of the other people celebrating with their amazing chocolate recipes too.