Arancia Italiano Cocktail is a fresh and delicious adult beverage with hints of orange. It is special enough to serve for a special occasion or to sip with a loved one.
Stirrings provided Stirrings Cocktail Mixer and Rimmer Cocktail Garnish used in this recipe. All opinions are my own.
I’ve been so lucky that my adult children have made it home for Christmas every year since they flew the coup. I don’t know how it got started but each year we try a new beverage that one of us has enjoyed since seeing each other. This year it’s going to be the Arancia Italiano!
I love to do baking challenges as a way to learn new skills and to try recipes that I might not ordinarily try. So when I heard that “Stirrings, Simply Better Cocktails” was having a “Stir It Up Holiday Mixology Challenge”, I just had to enter.[Tweet “Arancia Italiano perfect for Stirrings #Holiday Blogger Mixology Challenge! #Stirrings @StirringsMixer #cocktail”]
I had the opportunity to pick from Stirrings Cocktail Mixers which was no easy feat! Some of the choices included Margarita, Mojito, Pomegranate Martini and Peach Bellini. I chose Blood Orange Martini. I also wanted to choose a Rimmer Cocktail Garnish that would give my drink an ooh la la factor. They had a Bloody Mary, Cosmopolitan, Margarita and my choice, Lemon Drop. I felt I was off to a great start.
partner-in-crime husband was all in for a little research and development, and it didn’t take us long to come up with the Arancia Italiano. The name was all of John’s doing. He’s my resident Italian and the alcohol used in this recipe are Italian inspired.
This drink is anything but ordinary. We both loved how easy it was to sip. John’s already planning on making them by the pitcher for our next entertaining opportunity. It’s a good thing that these products are available at my local Hy-Vee Wine & Spirits.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
- 2 oz Amaretto
- 1.5 oz lemon juice
- 1.5 oz Stirrings Blood Orange Martini Mixer
- .75 oz Orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 egg white
- 2 dashes Stirrings Blood Orange Bitters
- Stirrings Lemon Drop Rimmer
- Lemon peel optional garnish
- Brush the edge of 2 cocktail glasses with lemon juice and dip the glass in the Lemon Drop Rimmer. Set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a couple of ice cubes (with the exception of the rimmer).
- Shake well and strain into rimmed cocktail glasses.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon peel.
If you are still looking for inspiration for your next gathering, Stirrings has several recipes created by folks just like you and me. You can find them on their social media pages.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Stirrings
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/StirringsMixer
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stirrings/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/stirringsmixers/
I’m not sure who will be judging these entries, but the Arancia Italiano is a hit in our household!
It’s always fun to share so let’s head over to Fiesta Friday and Saucy Saturdays!