Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzel recipe is a made with a pretzel dough slightly sweetened with brown sugar and warm cinnamon and finished with a cinnamon drizzle. They’re the perfect finger food!
This Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzel recipe is the perfect finger food for your next gathering. Since I originally made them I’ve decided that they’re even better if you don’t do the baking soda dip before you bake them as a real pretzel requires.
As nicely as they originally turned out I have to be straight up with you. You can trust this recipe to be delicious!
One of my very first experiences in the kitchen was making cinnamon toast. It was plain old toasted white bread buttered from edge to edge and then sprinkled generously with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
The whole thing melted together and in my opinion was the definition of ambrosia. I could make one heck of a piece of cinnamon toast!
This month’s Bread Bakers theme is pretzels, creative pretzels, traditional pretzels, bake the pretzels of your choice!
Our host is Stacy who is the mastermind behind Food Lust People Love Blog.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
I’ve made pretzels a couple of times and love their salty briny exterior and soft interior but love this pretzel recipe without that briny dip.
The cinnamon added to the interior warmed up the flavor and the added sweetness of the cinnamon glaze and a cinnamon sugar dusting is a match made in cinnamon sugar heaven.
Pretzel sticks are so much easier to handle versus pretzels. Bites would be even easier. Skipping the briny dip make them super easy!
I would love it if you enjoy this recipe that you will leave me a comment and rate the recipe with 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzel Recipe
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour plus extra for dusting
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water room temperature
Cinnamon Sugar Mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp milk or water
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine flour, salt, yeast, and cinnamon.
- In a measuring cup combine brown sugar, oil, and water. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- With the mixer on low combine wet ingredients into dry. Mix until a ball comes together and all of the flour has been incorporated, scraping the sides down as necessary. Turn the mixer on medium-low and blend for 8 minutes or until dough is smooth.
- Turn dough out onto a flour-dusted counter and knead into a round ball, about 30 seconds. Place the dough seam side down in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Deflate dough and turn it out onto a counter. Roll into a rectangle with the long edge parallel to counter edge. You want dough about 1/2-inch thick. The rectangle can be 12×6 to 15×8 depending on how much your dough raised.
- Cut through the center of the rectangle creating two long pieces and then vertically into 1-inch strips. If you end up with shorter pieces on the ends just combine them to make one strip. Roll each piece into a rope. Cover with greased plastic and allow to rest for 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease two baking sheets or line with parchment paper sprinkled with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes or until pretzels are a golden brown.
- While pretzels cool prepare glaze adding enough milk or water until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle pretzels with a fork and immediately sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container or bag.
Now let me share what these other amazing bakers have done with this challenge.
- Ballpark Pretzels from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Beer Pretzels from Passion Kneaded
- Buttery Pretzels from Ambrosia
- Cheddar Garlic Soft Pretzels from Palatable Pastime
- Cheese Jalapeño Stuffed Pretzel Rolls from Herbivore Cucina
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites from Cook’s Hideout
- Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzels from Hostess At Heart
- Double Soda Pretzels from Food Lust People Love
- German Pretzel Rolls from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Pretzel Sticks from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Saffron Pretzel Rolls from The Schizo Chef
- Soft Whole Wheat Pretzels from What Smells So Good?
- Sourdough Soft Pretzels from Baking Sense
- Whole Wheat Pretzel Bites from I camp in my kitchen
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
If you liked this recipe, here are a couple more that we love!