Spicy Nacho Cheese Pretzels are crunchy, buttery, salty and spicy. They’re a pull up your sleeves and grab a beverage kind of tailgating snack and impossible to pass without grabbing a handful.
Appetizers can mean so many things. They can be served as finger food snacks, or as a light starter before a beautiful meal. And, then there are tailgating snacks and appetizers. The pull up your sleeves, grab a beverage and dig in kind. Spicy Nacho Cheese Pretzels are the latter and just beg for a cold one on the side.
I probably spend more time planning appetizers when entertaining than I do the main meal. I love dips and finger foods and always try to have something for everyone. Something salty, sweet, dips and chips, and something new as well as the tried and true. These spicy pretzels are all of that! [Tweet “October is Tailgating Snacks month! #tailgatingSnacks”]
I was wondering why it’s so hard for me to come up with a new snack or appetizer. Since October is “Tailgating Snacks” month I thought this was the perfect opportunity to challenge myself to do so. These Spicy Nacho Cheese Pretzels are delicious and so easy to make. Best of all, they can be made ahead of time!
Don’t have time to make them now? Pin it for later!
Spicy Nacho Cheese Pretzels
- 24 oz small pretzels
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp nacho cheddar seasoning plus extra for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for the pretzels. Whisk for a few minutes to combine.
- Spread pretzels out on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Pour oil/spice mixture evenly over pretzels. Use a spatula and stir the pretzels to coat.
- Bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until oil mixture is absorbed. Stir and turn trays approximately every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle additional nacho cheese powder over pretzels, stirring to combine.
- Cool and store in airtight ziplock bags or containers until serving.
These pretzels will definitely be in the tried and true category for my next tailgating gathering that I’m hosting or attending. You just can’t help yourself to walk by without grabbing a handful!
Check out all the other delicious Tailgating Snacks recipes below from bloggers who took part in Tailgating Snacks Month!
- Skillet Pizza Bombs by Life Currents
- Easy Cheesy Salsa Bean Dip by Bowl me Over
- Spicy Nacho Cheese Pretzels by Hostess at Heart
- Frito Pie Skillet Dip with Corn Chip Scoops by Take Two Tapas
- Hot Beef & Bean Dip by An Affair from the Heart
Still looking for a few more snack ideas?