Addictive Caramel Crispix Snack Mix is so good that people will ask you not to make it! One batch of this caramel glazed snack mix will feed a crowd that no one can resist!
THIS POST HAS BEEN UPGRADED FROM 8/26/17 TO IMPROVE READER EXPERIENCE.
Have you ever been somewhere and ate something where you just couldn’t leave it alone and demanded the recipe before you left? I got this Addictive Caramel Crispix Snack Mix recipe just that way.
When our children were in grade school we used to get together with some of the parents we met through school functions.
On one of those get-togethers, one of the mothers made this Crispix Snack Mix and the rest is history. I can’t say where she got it but I’ve been making it at least twice a year for the last 20 years.
We were recently invited to a friend’s house to watch a football game. I asked what I could bring and they said a sweet snack. John responded that we had the perfect sweet snack mix recipe!
He asked that I make his favorite Crispix mix. This recipe fills three rimmed baking sheets so will feed a crowd! And, it’s cooked in the microwave in a brown paper bag so there isn’t any mess!
I packed up two of the pans by putting the Caramel Crispix into plastic ziplock bags and took a pretty dish to pour it into once we got there.
We’ve been taking this Caramel Crispix Snack Mix to our friend’s houses ever since we first tried it. We have some friends that have forbade us from bringing it because once you get started, it’s just too hard to stop munching.
Shopping List for Crispix Mix
- Crispix Cereal
- Peanuts – I like roasted with light salt
- M&M or other candy-coated chocolate
- Brown sugar – I like dark but either will do
- Light corn syrup
- Baking soda
- Two brown paper grocery sacks
- I like cooking this recipe in a brown paper bag from the grocery store. The cleanup is a breeze! However, it’s getting hard to get these bags since we use our own reusable bags. This recipe can easily be made in a large microwave-safe bowl as well.
- Use a deeper sided saucepan for cooking the brown sugar mixture than you think you’ll need. Remove the pan from the heat before you add the baking soda. Be careful when you add the baking soda it will foam up quickly and be very hot.
Variations to make this Snack Mix Recipe your own:
- Replace the peanuts with pecans or cashews
- Use another cereal such as Rice Chex
- Substitute the chocolate M&M’s with another variety. Their caramel or peanut butter flavors would be amazing.
A few gadgets to make your Crispix Snack Mix Recipe:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. For more information, please see our disclosure.
- Baking Sheets – These sheet pans are durable and I have four of them so I can everything baked in a jiffy!
- Glass Mixing Bowl Set – I use this set of bowls for mixing, serving, storing, and transporting food. The pretty lids guarantee no spilling too!
If you like this recipe, please comment below and leave me a 5-⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review! Here are a few more recipes I think you’ll love!
- Spicy Nacho Cheese Pretzels Recipe
- Candy Bar Popcorn
- Candy Coated Popcorn A.K.A. Crack Corn
- Caramel Apple Pie Snack Mix
Don’t forget to save this recipe to your favorite Pinterest Board!
Addictive Caramel Crispix Snack Mix
- 18 oz Crispix cereal Rice chex also work
- 1 lb peanuts salted or lightly salted
- 1 lb M&M candies or chocolate coated candy pieces
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup I used Karo Syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 brown paper bags grocery bag size
- Place one paper bag inside the other and pour cereal, peanuts, and M&M candies into it.
- Add brown sugar, butter, Karo syrup and salt to a large saucepan. Boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda. Be careful because the mixture will foam up and be very hot. Pour into the paper bag over the cereal mixture.
- Roll the top of the bag down and shake to distribute the sugar mixture throughout the cereal mixture. Heat bag in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and reshake. Return to the microwave for a total of 3 times.
- Spread out on rimmed cookie sheets to dry for a couple hours or overnight. Occasionally break up the mix. Store dried mix in an airtight container.
I can’t believe these friends hadn’t had this Caramel Crispix Snack Mix before but we now have more friends that are addicted to this snack. John was going to take the last bag to work so he didn’t eat it all. Well, it didn’t make it to work and he didn’t eat it all. I helped!
If you’re looking for a few finger-friendly appetizers, here are a few of our most popular!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for spending some time with me today!