Spaghetti Pie Recipe has a thick bottom layer of pasta and topped with a creamy filling, and meat sauce under a thick layer of mozzarella. It’s quick and easy comfort food.
My household relies on easy to make meals that can be created in a jiffy. Baked Spaghetti Pie is a lifeline in my household!
Spaghetti Pie checks off all of my requirements:
- Quick and easy
- Minimal ingredients
- Leftovers – using or creating
- Delicious – always
There’s a video in the recipe card below showing how easy Spaghetti Pie is to make!
Those are my requirements. If you ask John, he has to have his occasional (ok daily) infusion of carbs. I married an Italian/Irish boy and the Italian side rules his appetite.
That being said, I routinely rely on recipes with pasta. When I started making this easy spaghetti pie, John couldn’t get enough of it. It’s versatile enough to mix up the ingredients so we don’t get bored with it.
This dish definitely comes under the comfort food category which I usually think of as cold-weather food. Or food that I can eat and hide behind a humongous sweater.
Baked Spaghetti Pie is a dish that we make all year long. I love that it makes a thick hearty serving so I usually have leftovers for lunch or another meal during the week.
I totally understand how busy you are so if you don’t have time for our helpful tips and delicious recipe ideas, just scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Ways to make this Easy Spaghetti Pie Recipe your own.
- Make it vegetarian – just skip the meat altogether.
- Add the vegetables that you like to the creamy filling.
- Use a jarred spaghetti sauce if you don’t have a stash of homemade in the freezer.
- Use leftover spaghetti noodles.
- Exchange spaghetti for angel hair, fettuccine, vermicelli.
- Try Pecorino or Provolone cheese instead of Mozzarella. You don’t have to grate or slice your own. Buy grated to speed up the dish.
IF YOU LIKE READING MY POSTS AND SEEING MY RECIPES, CONNECT WITH ME ON YOUR FAVORITE SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNEL FOR BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS AND MUCH, MUCH MORE:
Tips to make the perfect pasta:
- When you cook pasta, cook the entire package even if your recipe doesn’t require that much. Freeze the remaining “naked” pasta for recipes such as this. Let the noodles that at room temperature. To reheat, just run hot water over the noodles. There’s no need to cook them any further.
- Undercook pasta by 1 or 2 packages according to package directions when you plan to bake them or cover them with hot sauce. This will keep them from getting mushy or pasty.
- Don’t add oil to your cooking water. You may think it keeps your pasta from sticking together but what it actually does is seal your pasta and keep it from absorbing flavors from your other ingredients.
- Salt the water after it begins to boil. If you do so before boiling, the salt can pit your cookware.
- Salting the water is a must. It’s your only opportunity to season the noodles prior to cooking them.
- Don’t throw out the pasta water until after your recipe is complete. Sauces can be thinned without becoming runny and noodles can be reheated with pasta water. Besides, it’s already seasoned!
You might need:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. For more information, please see our disclosure.
- Pasta Cooker – I like using a pasta cooker because it allows me to cook pasta with less water and drain my pasta without losing my pasta water. I use the pot by itself when I need a large pot too.
- Box Grater – I shred my own cheese. I think the cheese is fresher, doesn’t contain anti-clumping agents, and is more cost-effective.
- Pie Plate – I’ve got several pie plates but I find myself returning to this simple scalloped plate. It shows off my baked items and is very reasonable.
If you like this recipe, please comment below and leave me a 5-⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review! Here are a few more recipes I think you’ll love!
Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- 6 oz spaghetti noodles cooked
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1/4 cup mushrooms fresh
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb Italian sausage may use ground beef
- 6 oz tomato paste can
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese sliced or grated
- Herbs or fresh garlic *optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 10" pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Break spaghetti in half. Cook in boiling salted water until 1 to 2 minutes before done according to package directions.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add green pepper and onion. Saute until they just start to soften. Remove the vegetables to a small bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Add the sour cream to the vegetables and stir to combine.
- **In the same skillet as you used on the vegetables, brown the meat. Drain. Add tomato paste and water. You can also add garlic or herbs to this sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes without a lid covering the pan.
- Combine cooked and drained noodles, eggs, and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Pour the noodle mixture into the bottom of the pie plate. Build the edges up the sides of the plate as you would a pie crust. Spread the sour cream mixture over the spaghetti, followed by the meat sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle the top with mozzarella and return to the oven until the cheese melts.
Bread goes great with Baked Spaghetti Pie Recipe!
What’s your favorite easy go-to weeknight meal? Please leave me a comment below! You are my inspiration!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for spending some time with me today!