This Homemade Jalapeno Tortilla recipe is simply delicious. They are hearty enough to fill to your hearts content but good enough to eat plain.
It’s time for my monthly Bread Bakers group recipes which is being hosted by Sue of Palatable Pastimes. She chose “peppers” as the theme for this month. I couldn’t wait to try my Homemade Jalapeno Tortilla recipe. It was definitely worth the wait!
I just love this time of year. The garden is flourishing with tomatoes and peppers, and my herbs are amazing! So when I learned that the theme was peppers, I automatically knew that jalapenos had to be my pepper of choice. When I think jalapeno, I think of Mexican inspired dishes. I’ve made plain tortillas before but wasn’t happy with them, so I thought this would be a great time to give them another try.[Tweet “A delicious Homemade Jalapeno Tortilla delicious enough to eat plain! #BreadBakers @hostessatheart”]
This tortilla recipe isn’t difficult at all. I tried using my handy dandy tortilla press, but they are rolled so thin that was more of a pain than handy dandy. They puff up as they cook and are strong enough to load up but are good enough just to eat plain too.
Can’t make them now? Pin it for later!
Now it’s time to pick up some more amazing recipes all with peppers!
- Bellpeppers and Cheese Scones by Basic N Delicious
- Bellpepper and Paneer Stuffed Lattice Bread by Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Bell Pepper Stuffed Whole Wheat Buns by Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Capsicum Onion Pizza with Wholegrain Base by Ambrosia
- Cheddar and Jalapeño Scones by Herbivore Cucina
- Cheese Stuffed Peppadew Stuffed Buns by Food Lust People Love
- Crushed Red Pepper Grissini by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Fatayer Jebneh by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Green Chile and Cheddar Biscuits by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hatch Chile Zucchini Bread by Magnolia Days
- Jalapeño Bread by Cook’s Hideout
- Jalapeño Flour Tortillas by Hostess At Heart
- Jalapeño Sourdough Corn Bread by Baking Sense
- Msemen Maamer – Moroccan Flatbread Stuffed with Peppers by The Bread She Bakes
- Parmesan Cracked Pepper Beer Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pepper Pav Buns by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Roasted Red Pepper Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Roasted Red Pepper Fougasse by Spiceroots
- Spicy Herb Monkey Bread by Passion Kneaded
- Whole Wheat Spicy Rolls by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Vegetable Stuffed Braided Bread by My Cooking Journey
- Zucchini and Pepper Cornbread by Palatable Pastime
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.