This Hoppin Down The Bunny Trail Mix recipe includes whole grains and good for you seeds. It’s a great snack that’s perfect after school or when traveling.
This post is sponsored by Baker’s. This recipe and opinions are 100% my own.
When my kids were younger, the first words out of their mouths after school were “I’m hungry, what is there to eat?” Sound familiar? With school starting again soon, I wanted to put something together that anyone would love. Hoppin Down The Bunny Trail Mix recipe quickly disappeared from my kitchen.
As I often do, I developed this recipe as I was shopping at my local Baker’s Grocery store. I always start in their produce area and then head for their health market. I picked up some sunflower and pumpkin seeds as well as these cute little bunny crackers. I’ve eaten them before and knew they were full of whole grains and taste delicious.
Before I left, I had some pretzels, miniature marshmallows, and honey nut cereal. I got home and mixed up a coconut oil honey mixture that I heated and mixed into my cereal, seeds, and pretzels and then set it out to dry. It was delicious, but while I was
devouring doing quality control, I thought “would I want this stuff sticking in my kids’ teeth?” Nope was my immediate answer and instead, I roasted my seeds and mixed up the ingredients as is. What I got was an easy and delicious trail mix recipe that anyone would like to munch on. I put it in a zip closure bag and like I said it disappeared…with John as he went back to work.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
Hoppin Down The Bunny Trail Mix Recipe
- 2 cups Kroger Honey Nut Bitz cereal
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Organic raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Organic raw sunflower seeds
- 2 cups Kroger Pretzel Haus stick pretzels
- 1 box Annie's Friends Bunny Grahams
- 2 cups Kroger miniature marshmallows
- Preheat an oven to 325°F. Spread seeds out on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Stir and back for an additional 6 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and stir together.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you would like another great snack that everyone will love, my Vanilla Nut Granola is delicious!