.This Organic Honey Whole Grain Bread Recipe make a delicious hearty loaf that is perfect with a hot bowl of soup.
Have you made any resolutions yet? If you made one to eat a little bit better, you’re going to love this Organic Honey Whole Grain Bread Recipe!
The holidays are behind us once again, and it’s time for this month’s BreadBaker’s group event. Our host this month is the very talented Pavani, the creator behind Cook’s Hideout. Pavani very appropriately chose our theme this month, “Start the new year with a healthy Bread”.
I love making bread with so many mixins. By mixins, I mean nuts, spices, fruits, seeds, the list goes on. I guess I just can’t leave well enough alone. Question, what does “well enough” mean? What if someone never put cinnamon and sugar in the humble roll? Where would we be without cinnamon rolls![Tweet “Healthy Bread #recipes from #BreadBakers! #homemadebread”]
In this recipe, I used my own Whole Grain Bread Blend that I recently shared. This blend resembles one that I used to buy. I also wanted to use whole grain flours. Wheat is amazing but last year I experimented a lot with spelt. Both as flour for baking bread and the actual grain in our dinner dishes. We really love it.
Some people think that bread that’s good for you tastes like cardboard. Not this one, it is one slightly sweet nutty loaf using only whole grains and no refined sugar. It’s a hearty loaf that would probably take over if used in a sandwich unless sliced thin. I served it with some homemade soup and we loved it.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
It’s always fun to share so let’s head over to Fiesta Friday.
Check out the Healthy Bread that our fellow #BreadBakers have baked this month:
- Amaranth Flatbread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Beet Rye Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Blueberry Almond Bread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Brain Booster Pancakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Banana Flax Almond Meal Muffins from Spill the Spices
- Eggless Whole Wheat Brioche Buns from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Grain-free Nutty Carrot Flatbread from A Baker’s House
- Healthier Applesauce Spice Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Healthy Whole Grain Bread from The Bread She Bakes
- Honey Almond Brioche from Kidsandchic
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Multigrain Pesto Swirl Bread from Herbivore Cucina
- Oatmeal Crispbread (Oatmeal Knäckebröd) from Baking Sense
- Organic Honey Whole Grain Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Quick Whole Wheat Bread from Ambrosia
- Spiced Besani Paratha from Sneha’s Recipe
- Sprouted Wheat Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Sweet Potato Bread with Honey from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Sweet Potato Millet Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Ten Grain No Knead Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Whole Wheat Carrot Apple Walnut Quickbread from A Salad For All Seasons
- Whole Wheat White Bean Bread from Cooks Hideout
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.