This Delicious Harvest Grains Bread recipe is a warm and hearty bread filled with healthy whole grains and seeds. This bread is perfect for sandwiches all week long.
This time of year is perfect for bread baking. The days are cool, and perfect for kneading, and I don’t mind my oven adding a little heat to my kitchen. Especially when it’s baking this Harvest Grains Bread! I am mindful of our health when I cook or bake, but mindful in the moderation philosophy. We enjoy our treats here and there, but most of the time stay with non-processed whole foods. I am lucky that I naturally love whole grain and seeds. I just love the toasty nutty flavors that they add. So, when this months #Breadbakers challenge was “Hearty Fall Breads”, I knew that I wanted to try the King Arthur Flour Grains Bread recipe.
This delicious Harvest Grains Bread recipe is the reason I bake bread. It has a soft center, with a slightly sweet and nutty flavor. The crust is moist but yet has a great crunch. This bread is great on the dinner table or can be used for your everyday sandwich bread. You can cut it thin without disintegrating into crumbs or cut it thick to dig into a bowl of soup.
Their recipe had you just combine everything all at once which makes it a super easy recipe to make. I also used a 9×5 bread loaf pan because the reviews said it made such a large loaf. I’m glad that I did because this larger size was perfect. Lastly, I brushed softened butter over the top of the loaf as soon as I turned it out of the pan. I like the slightly softened crust when you do this, but it’s not necessary. Try to let it cool before you cut it. It will cut without tearing.
I now make my own organic whole grain and seed blend. If you don’t want to, King Arthur Flour Company has it available on their website.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
Harvest Grains Bread
- 2 1/2 cups Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1/2 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoons Whole-Grain Bread Improver
- 1/2 cup Whole Grain Blend
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsps instant yeast
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- Combine all of the ingredients together and mix until a craggy dough forms. Turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and satiny. Transfer the dough to a large lightly greased bowl. Cover with greased plastic wrap, and allow the dough to rise for one hour.
- Grease a 9x5 inch bread pan. Shape dough into a loaf and cover lightly with a greased piece of and allow to rise until dough has risen 1 inch above bread pan. 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 35 minutes or until interior registers 190 degrees F. Turn the bread out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
As you know, I LOVE baking bread and this Harvest Grains Bread recipe is a super easy one and perfect if you are a beginner or just want a delicious loaf of bread for your family and don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen. Here are a couple more of our favorite bread recipes!
Let’s take a look at the other Fall Flavors being shared today
- Apple Crumb Quick Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Apple Raisin Bread from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Browned Butter Semolina Pumpkin Bread from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Buttermilk Wheat Bread from Magnolia Days
- Eggless Apple Sage Cheddar Scones from Spill the Spices
- Fall Harvest Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fig Focaccia from My Catholic Kitchen
- Harvest Grains Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Mr. Potato Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Multigrain Bread With Seeds from Sneha’s Recipe
- Pumpkin and Apple Cornmeal Griddle Cakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Bread from la cocina de Aisha
- Pumpkin Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Pumpkin Bread Rolls from Spiceroots
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls with Cinnamon Butter from Bread Therapy
- Pumpkin, Poppy & Papaya Seeded Breadsticks from G’Gina’s Kitchenette
- Pumpkin Raisin Bagels from Cook’s Hideout
- Pumpkin Saffron Yeast Biscuits from The Schizo Chef
- Pumpkin Scones from A Baker’s House
- Pumpkin Sourdough Bread from Passion Needed
- Sesame Seeded Semolina Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Pumpkin Yeast Bread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].