BLT Skewers with Avocado Sauce brings all of the flavors of the sandwich that we love to your fingertips!
There are a lot of events this time of year that have me entertaining. I’m always looking for new no-fuss appetizers. I had some bacon leftover from the Bacon, Lettuce Tomato and Avocado sandwiches we had for dinner. I just thought that making a BLT Skewers with Avocado Sauce would be perfect for any entertaining that I was doing.
The men in our family love bacon. In all fairness, so do the ladies. So serving this on Father’s Day would be a great idea, and all of the beautiful colors make it perfect all summer long. Talk about fun and delicious!
BLT Skewers With Avocado Sauce
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- Grape tomatoes
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked
- Green leaf lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 11/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bamboo forks skewers or decorative toothpicks
- Glass or clear plastic bowl with a 1/2 cup capacity
- Using a sharp knife, carve out the middle of the head of lettuce in the shape of the bowl. Carve deep enough for the bowl to sit even or slightly above the edge of the cut circle.
- Cut bacon and green leaf lettuce into approximately 1 inch pieces. Feed skewer first with a grape tomato, followed by the bacon and then the lettuce. Push picks into the head of lettuce.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients together. Whip in a small food processor until creamy. Place bowl into the center of the iceberg lettuce and fill with sauce.
- Refrigerate in a covered container or plastic wrap. Store sauce with plastic wrap pushed down against the surface of the sauce (airtight).
This is the perfect appetizer to let guests help themselves. For another great appetizer, how about my Chocolate Vodka Infused Strawberries!
t’s always fun to share so let’s head over to Fiesta Friday!