These Cheesecake Cookie Bars are So Good! They’re quick and easy to make and taste like a fancy cheesecake without all of the fuss.
I don’t mind making a fussy dessert when I”m in the mood or have the time. Most of the time I want something that tastes like a fussy dessert that isn’t time-consuming like these So Good Cheesecake Cookie Bars.Being a food blogger I’m always on the lookout for new recipes to try and share. I’ve found a few of my recipes in the recipe box my 91-year-old mother-in-law gave me a few years ago including this So Good Cheesecake Cookie Bars.
Not long ago one morning I was home by myself and in the mood to bake. I don’t mind making time-consuming recipes when I’m in the mood and have time but most of the time I want to make something that only tastes like it was fussy and time-consuming. I have a list of recipes that I want to try and this one was one of them.
The recipe was actually listed as Cheesecake Cookies which sounded pretty incredible. Who doesn’t love cookies! As I read through the recipe it soon became evident that this recipe wasn’t for cookies at all but for cookie bars. That’s o.k. too. That way I can pick the size of my cookie!
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
So Good Cheesecake Cookie Bars Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter salted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese 2-8oz pkgs
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter with brown sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add walnuts and flour; mix to make a crumb mixture. Reserve 2 cups for topping. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Blend sugar with cream cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Beat well. Spread over baked crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over cream cheese layer. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool before cutting. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Another good thing was that this recipe makes a full 9×13 pan. That’s a great size for me to take to family gatherings and the holidays. Some say this size of the pan makes 24 servings. I’m in charge of the knife I say!