Triple Chocolate Caramel Cookie Bars are soft and gooey and will feed a crowd. They’re rich and can be whipped up in a jiffy so they’re perfect for company or a make and take.
If you love an easy chocolate ooey gooey dessert bar that is bursting with caramel, this recipe is for you! Triple Chocolate Caramel Cookie Bars will feed a small army and wow the pickiest of dessert lovers.
This time of year those of us that love to cook and bake are the busiest of bees in our planning and cooking. I’m always on the lookout for dishes that don’t take a lot of time to put together, are easy to make and take, and that I think will appeal to everyone. For some reason (dessert addict) it’s usually requested that I make dessert for work parties, holiday gatherings or potlucks.
Freaky Friday Annual Virtual Holiday Cookie Exchange arrived just in time. The Freaky Friday blog hop is a group of bloggers that are secretly assigned each others’ blogs from which we choose a recipe appropriate for the theme. The blog that I was given was PicNic. The mastermind behind PicNic is the amazing Nicole. When they coined the phrase beauty and brains, they showed a picture of Nicole. Nicole has her Ph.D. in Molecular Neuroscience and loves teaching. She also loves being a wife and mother to a little boy and they live in New Zealand!
The hardest thing that I had to do was decide on one recipe from her blog. I first thought I wanted to make her Double Chocolate and Salted Caramel Muffins and then thinking I should look at something that I can make and take it like her Almond Butter Cookies. Then I stumbled, well fell hard, when I saw these Triple Chocolate Caramel Cookie Bars.
This recipe is going to become a regular in my household. They were everything that appeals to us and I just loved how easy they were to put together. I had everything that I needed in my pantry and will make sure that is always the case!
Don’t have time to make them now? Pin it for later!
Triple Chocolate Caramel Cookie Bars
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 oz butter unsalted, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips I used 60% cocoa
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips I used semi-sweet because that's what I had on hand
- 13 oz caramel sauce my jar was just a bit under 13 oz
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease or line a 9x13" pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder together.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and brown sugar together. Mix until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix until blended and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press half of the batter into the bottom of the pan. Pour or spoon the caramel sauce over the batter and then crumble the remaining batter over the caramel sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting. I found that chilling them helped with cutting these bars.
- Store leftover bars in an airtight container. I also stored mine covered in the refrigerator.
We’ve been noshing on these wonderful bars for 3 days. They are tender, chocolatey, ooey and gooey. We’ve shared them with the neighbors and still have a couple of rows that we’re savoring. I’ve stored them in the refrigerator which makes them a little easier to cut. It doesn’t take them any time to warm up and then pass the forks and watch them disappear!
I want to thank Nicole over at PicNic for sharing such a great recipe and Michaela at An Affair From The Heart for organizing all of our Freaky Friday events! Just go see for yourself all of the amazing recipes on PicNic. I’ll guarantee you’ll want to stay a while. While you’re at it, take a look at what these other Freaky Friday participants are cooking up!