This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SandwichWithTheBest #CollectiveBias
A very special name for a very special sandwich. Ham, Melted Brie, Crispy Prosciutto Sandwich with Basil Aioli is a blend of textures and flavors that will tantalize the taste buds. This sandwich tastes like it belongs in a 4-star restaurant but can be put together with just 6 ingredients and 10 minutes.
A great sandwich doesn’t have to be difficult to make with a million ingredients and a ton of techniques but it doesn’t hurt if that’s what the people eating it think. They just have to have top notch ingredients exactly like this Ham, Melted Brie, Crispy Prosciutto Sandwich with Basil Aioli.
I think my appetite has seasons. When the worst of winter is over, I start looking forward to meals that we can take outside in the sunshine or enjoy with a nice salad or piece of fruit. My comfort food leads way to fresh lighter fare. Even though you could make and enjoy this sandwich any time of year, the freshness of the basil with all of the other ingredients just make me look forward to warmer days.
I haven’t always been a sandwich person. It’s because the sandwiches that I grew up with started with bread that stuck to the roof of your mouth and were too dry to swallow. You know that I love baking bread, but like everyone else don’t always have the time. That’s when I reach for Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Hearty Sourdough bread. John loves sourdough and I love that they are big and soft and made with wholesome flavorful ingredients just like my homemade bread is. I also love that this isn’t a bread that falls apart as soon as you load it with your other ingredients!
One of the star ingredients of this sandwich is Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunchmeat. This ham provides a sweetness that is a nice contrast to the sourdough flavor of the bread and the saltiness of the crispy prosciutto. I love that Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham comes in a resealable container that keeps it fresh and protects it from getting torn up or crushed so every last bit of it gets used.
This whole sandwich is taken up a notch with the Basil Aioli. That sounds pretty fancy, doesn’t it? It is actually very quick and easy to put together. I blended fresh basil right into Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise which made a creamy delicious aioli that transformed this sandwich. You can taste the freshness of the ingredients that Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise uses and I love the squeezable bottle that assures that I can use every last drop.
This sandwich is sweet, salty, creamy, crunchy, and elevated with the flavors of basil and sourdough. I can’t think of a thing that I would do differently next time I make this sandwich!
DON’T HAVE TIME TO MAKE IT NOW? PIN IT FOR LATER!
HAM, MELTED BRIE, CRISPY PROSCIUTTO SANDWICH WITH BASIL AIOLI
- 8 slices Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Hearty Sourdough bread
- 9 oz Hillshire Farms® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunch meat
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 4 fresh basil leaves stems removed and chopped
- 8 thin slices of brie from 1 small brie wheel. Rind removed if desired
- 4 slices prosciutto cut in half
- Make the aioli by combining chopped basil with Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise (I used a small food processor) and set aside.
- Spray a small skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Briefly, cook slices of prosciutto until crispy.
- Top a slice of Farmhouse Hearty Sourdough bread with 4 slices of Hillshire Farms® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunch meat. Top with brie and microwave for 10 to 15 seconds until melted. Spread with Basil Aioli and then prosciutto. Top with another slice of Farmhouse Hearty Sourdough bread.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was calculated using the exact brands and measurements I used to make this recipe. If you are following a strict diet please note changing anything will cause the nutritional info to change. My calculations are intended as a guide only.
If you’re looking for a couple other great sandwiches, here are a couple of our favorites!