White Cheddar Meatballs are perfect for dinner or as an appetizer. These healthy baked meatballs have a delicious crunchy exterior and a tender cheesy center that contrasts perfectly with the sweetness of the bbq sauce glaze. They’re guaranteed to disappear in a jiffy.
We love a recipe that can serve as multiple options. Baked White Cheddar Meatballs as a meal or as an easy appetizer.
I don’t know of anything that says comfort food like meatballs.
You can make them large for the main meal, or smaller for an appetizer.
Another benefit is that you can make a small number or a large number and freeze them.
Regardless of the occasion, you’ll love these Stuffed White Cheddar Meatballs.
Baked Cheddar Meatballs are something that I put together when I was losing weight.
Out of a pound of meat, I made 12 healthy meatballs.
Instead of cutting a big ole slice of meatloaf, I can have pre-portioned meatballs.
Served with a side salad or fresh veggies, these stuffed meatballs make a delicious meal.
You can also make them mini size and serve them as an easy appetizer.
These meatballs are so good that they don’t need to be drowned in sauce, and they’re so easy to put together.
Cheddar Meatball Ingredients
- Italian breadcrumbs – Plain will work as well
- Onion – We use yellow onion but a white onion will work too.
- Garlic cloves – Fresh garlic
- Barbecue sauce – Use what you like. Hickory, Chipotle, Sweet etc.
- Fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese
- Dijon mustard – We love how smooth and creamy Dijon mustard is and while adding flavor doesn’t take over the flavor profile the way yellow mustard can.
- Dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Cheddar cheese – White cheddar tastes like yellow. The difference is that there’s less processing. Use what you like.
- Ground Sirloin lean – You could use ground round or ground chuck.
- Egg – Grade A
How to make meatballs
- All of the ingredients were combined in a large bowl.
- Form the mixture into a square and divide it into 12 even pieces. Some may have been a little smaller than others. I’ll give those to John. He will not know.
- Roll each square into a ball and place the meatballs onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Glaze with BBQ sauce.
Don’t forget to pin this great recipe to your favorite Pinterest Board!
YOU MAY NEED
Cookie Scoop – I love using cookie scoops. They make all of my meatballs or cookies or cake balls all the same size. It makes my OC self happy.
Baking Sheets – These sheet pans are durable and I have four of them so I can get all of my cookies baked in a jiffy!
THERE ARE SO MANY GREAT WAYS TO MAKE MEATLOAF. HERE ARE A FEW MORE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE
- Cheesy Meatloaf Minis
- Cheddar Stuffed Meatballs
- Easy Meatloaf – Two Loaf Recipe
- Mexican Meatballs
- Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
- Turkey Meatball Appetizer
White Cheddar Meatballs
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce divided
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- 3 oz white cheddar cheese diced
- 1-1/2 lbs ground sirloin lean
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs; cook until toasted, stirring frequently. Remove to a large mixing bowl.
- Coat skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until browned and softened. Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Combine all ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup barbecue sauce to brush on tops.
- Shape into12 meatballs and place on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet or on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; spread remaining barbecue sauce over each meatball. Bake 25 minutes or until done.
These meatballs taste like something that’s going to be hard on the waistline. Instead, they’re tender and delicious and baked with no guilt added.