White Chocolate Irish Cream Cupcakes are moist, tender and delicious. They are the perfect recipe for a special occasion, or anytime.
Ahhh we are finally getting close to St. Patrick’s Day. As I’ve said before, Americans are always looking for a reason to party. To get our party started, I came up with White Chocolate Irish Cream cupcakes with White Chocolate Irish Cream frosting.
I think there was a little mischievous little leprechaun in my kitchen when I was working on developing this recipe.
It took me four attempts to get a cupcake that was tender and delicious. My cupcakes had to be moist and have a light crumb, and not tough or dense.
Also, I wanted these cupcakes to be easy for you to put together. After all, there are a lot of St. Patrick’s Day celebrations to attend.
In addition to St. Patrick’s Day, Easter is close behind, and so is a celebration for my mother in law’s 90th birthday.
She happens to be full blooded Irish, and St. Patrick’s Day is like Christmas to her. These cupcakes are pulling triple duty!
Do you remember my modeling chocolate post? I used dark chocolate modeling chocolate for the Black Russian cake that I made. That was so much fun, that I couldn’t wait to try white modeling chocolate.
Speaking of fun, there’s a video on how to make the basketweave on top of these cupcakes below in my recipe card.
If you like this Baileys Irish Cream cupcake recipe I think you’ll like these St. Patrick’s Day desserts too!
- Chocolate Caramel Baileys Mini Cheesecakes – Hostess At Heart
- Shamrock No-Bake Cake Batter Truffles – Who Needs A Cape
- Shamrock Mint Brownie Bites – Cooking On The Front Burner
- Minty Chip Cake Mix Cookies – Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Chocolate Guinness Cake – Sugar and Soul
Here are a few tools that I used
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. For more information, please see our disclosure.
- Cupcake pans – They’re pretty self-explanatory but I make egg cups or mini meatloaves in these pans. The sizes allow me to freeze my recipes.
- Decorating Tips – This set of two is all you will need for this cupcake but if you’re just getting started this is a nice beginner kit.
- Scoops – Wonder how those cookies are the same size? Scoops and I use them for my cupcakes too!
Are you Irish all the time or just on St. Patrick’s Day? What will you be doing to celebrate? Leave me a comment and I’d love a 5-star rating!
White Chocolate Irish Cream Cupcakes
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 4 oz box of white chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liquor
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Irish Cream liquor
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cupcake pans with cupcake papers or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Blend until combined.
- Fill cupcake papers 3/4 full.
- Bake 19-23 minutes, turning pans halfway through. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Put the white chocolate chips in a glass measuring cup or glass bowl, and add heavy cream. Microwave at 50% power for 30-second intervals, stirring after each cycle. Stir until smooth.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine powdered sugar, butter, Irish Cream liquor, and melted chocolate. Mix to combine. Add additional Irish Cream liquor or cream until the frosting is the right consistency for spreading.