Warm Cinnamon Ginger Mango Muffins Recipe is a tender delicious muffin stuffed with sweet juicy mango. They’re perfect with any meal or just a relaxing afternoon snack.
Mango Muffins are a great contrast between the warm cinnamon and ginger spices and cool sweet juicy mango.
- I love hearing from you and get so much inspiration from your comments and questions. People often ask where I get my ideas for new recipes. From you and I am so grateful for that.
- I love mangos and what a great idea! Just the thought had me drooling!
My son lives in Florida and has a huge Mango tree in his back yard. I was so excited when he moved there and couldn’t wait for my mango bounty.
Have you ever seen the movie Caddyshack with Bill Murray who uses extreme measures to rid a golf course of a gopher? Well, that’s Mike with the iguanas and his mango tree. The iguanas take one bite of the fruit and let it fall to the ground and then move on to the next mango. If I lived there I fear I’d be climbing that tree just waiting for those pesky things to show up.
I wanted to make a homemade muffin that was easy, tender and delicious. In Nebraska, we get mangos in our grocery store but they can be pretty pricey. So I wanted to give frozen mangos a try.
I totally understand how busy you are so if you don’t have time for our helpful tips and delicious recipe ideas, just scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Can you use frozen Mango?
Talk about convenience! It was already cubed and I didn’t have to pick the perfectly ripe mango. Frozen mango works very well.
- You will want to let them thaw and then sit on a paper towel to remove the excess moisture.
- Don’t press the juice from them, however. You don’t want them to dry out.
- I chopped the diced mango up into smaller pieces so they would blend with the batter. When your fruit is too large or heavy it can sink to the bottom of your muffin and will not bake correctly.
Ingredients for Easy Mango Muffins from Scratch
- cream cheese
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- frozen mango
- canola oil*
- vanilla extract
- vanilla paste
- powdered sugar
*For a perfectly moist, tender mango muffin, use one egg and one egg yolk instead of two whole eggs and add one teaspoon of vegetable or canola oil to the batter. This also works when you’re baking with a cake mix.
You may need
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in a variety of affiliate programs, including the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our disclosure.
- 12-cup non-stick muffin pan – I love this muffin pan and have three of them so I can get them all filled and baked at once. They’re great for egg cups too!
- Scoops – Wonder how those cookies are all the same size? Scoops! I use them for my cupcakes too!
- Cupcake liners – I use these foil liners. The pretty paper ones aren’t that pretty after baking so I use foil liners with non-removable paper. They come in many colors.
If you like this recipe leave me a comment below and 5-✭✭✭✭✭ rating.
- Home Baked Lemon Pistachio Muffins
- Gluten Free Coconut Muffins
- Crystallized Ginger Spice Mini Muffins
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
I honestly think that these Cinnamon Ginger Mango Muffins with Cream Cheese are one of the BEST muffin recipes that I’ve put on the blog. If you’d like to see something here leave me a comment or drop me an email. I read and reply to all of my correspondence.
Warm Cinnamon Ginger Mango Muffins with Cream Cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk I used almond milk but any will do
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs *see notes
- 1 tsp canola oil optional *see notes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (table or kosher is fine)
- 8 oz frozen mango chunks thawed and drained on a paper towel
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
Vanilla Bean Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 6 tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and fill 17 to 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners or grease well.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream softened cream cheese, sugar, and brown sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition and then the vanilla oil, and milk. Mix until blended together.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the flour, baking powder baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture alternating after each addition.
- Fold the mangos into the batter.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 17 to 18 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean. Turn the muffins out of the pan onto a cooling rack.
- Combine the powdered sugar, vanilla bean paste, and milk one tablespoon at a time until the glaze is thin enough to drizzle.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for spending some time with me today!