Easy Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dessert is a creamy luscious treat topped with a brown sugar peanut butter crumble and shaved chocolate topping.
There’s nothing more delicious than a cold and creamy Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dessert when it’s sweltering outside and guests are coming! You can put this peanut butter dessert together ahead of time for no-stress entertaining!
You know how I love celebrating about anything right? For instance, my billion Mexican recipes for Cinco de Mayo or my have half-billion Mardi Gras recipes even though I’m not Mexican or live in New Orleans let-alone Louisiana?
Well, it’s “National Cheesecake Day”! I think this celebration is one I totally qualify for because it’s a dessert and we should all celebrate year-round with desserts.
I like anything with peanut butter. Even if it’s just a spoon that happens to fall into the jar of peanut butter. It’s genetic. My mother trumps my love of peanut butter by a thousand. I’ve actually given her humongous jars of peanut butter for Christmas (several times) so I could be her favorite daughter.
I’ve made some delicious cheesecakes over the years. I’m usually assigned the dessert when we get together with family and friends. I’ve made some really elegant ones using the water bath method with several layers that took hours to put together.
I just wasn’t in the mood for that kind of work. Besides that, it’s been so hot. Anything that I can make without having to have my oven on for several hours gets my vote.
This Cheesecake with Peanut Butter was definitely the answer to everything that I wanted!
- It’s cool with minimum baking. In the variations below I’ll show you how to make it a No-bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
- It had to be make-ahead. I was making it for a BBQ we were invited to. I get stressed if I’m preparing food up until we’re supposed to be out the door! You too?
- I wanted it to feed several people. I’ll show you how to cut down the size and have one to share or stash in the freezer for when that spoon finally gets out of the peanut butter jar.
- Of course, it had to be delicious! Check, check, check!
I totally understand how busy you are so if you don’t have time for our helpful tips and delicious recipe ideas, just scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tips for a creamy filling:
- The thing that I can’t give you is something I’ve had to learn often the hard way and that’s patience! With any creamy filling, it’s always important to fold in your whipped toppings and not stirring them in. You see, when you use a heavy hand you’re actually deflating the topping and breaking it down.
- It’s also important that the cream cheese is at room temperature before you combine it with the creamy peanut butter. If you refrigerate your peanut butter make sure it’s at room temperature as well. It will not hurt to take them out of the refrigerator the night before. If they’re at the same temperature they’ll blend together instead of separate.
Variations you can make this Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe:
- Make this a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake (As I did this one) by adding chocolate syrup to the filling and shaved chocolate to the top.
- Add pieces of chocolate peanut butter candies to the filling. Make sure they’re not of the nougat variety. Since this peanut butter dessert is frozen it’ll likely break a tooth when you bite into it. If that’s what you want to add, I recommend adding it as a topping after removing it from the freezer before serving it.
- If you don’t want to shave chocolate, drizzle the top with chocolate syrup.
- Use any pre-baked crust or a graham cracker crust for a no-bake version. Those premade graham cracker pie crusts work well and freeze great too. This filling could probably make 3 pies! You don’t need to add the crumble to the top. Just sprinkle (or not) with candies, chocolate shavings or chocolate chips prior to serving.
- If you don’t need a whole 9×13 dessert, separate it into two dishes. Use what you want now and freeze one for later.
IF YOU LIKE READING MY POSTS AND SEEING MY RECIPES, CONNECT WITH ME ON YOUR FAVORITE SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNEL FOR BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS AND MUCH, MUCH MORE:
Best way to cut a frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
A lot of the time instructions will advise you to take it out of the freezer and let it sit for 15 minutes before you cut it. O.k., you can but I want my dessert frozen not on the verge of becoming soft. I heat up a sharp knife by running it under hot water and dry it before making my cut. Do this each time you remove the knife from the dessert. It’s convenient to just put the hot water in a glass and dip it too then just dry it with a paper towel.
A few gadgets you may need to make this cheesecake with peanut butter:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. For more information, please see our disclosure.
- 9×13 Baking Dish – I’ve got this one and love it. It comes with a lid that makes taking and refrigerating my treats a lot easier.
- Silicone Spatulas – This pretty set has a flat side and a curved side to take on your toughest job. I love that they are all one piece and can withstand 500°F! Throw out those old chipped ones and treat yourself!
- Electric Stand Mixer – I used this mixer for doing almost everything in this recipe. It is my workhorse and I even have the attachments to make pasta and grind meat and nuts with too.
If you like this recipe, please comment below and leave me a 5-⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review! Here are a few more recipes I think you’ll love!
- So Good Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Puppy Chow
- Decadent Buckeye Brownie Cheesecake Recipe
- No-Bake Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Squares
Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup optional
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 12 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- chocolate shavings optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom of a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a bowl (I used an electric stand mixer) combine the crumb ingredients and mix until crumbly. Reserve one cup from the mixture (for the topping) and press the remaining onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Allow the crust to cool completely.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and chocolate syrup if using. Mix on medium-high until fluffy.
- Fold in the whipped topping into the peanut butter mixture. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Sprinkle the remaining crumble over the top and then the chocolate shavings if desired.
This most important celebration is hosted by Triple Chocolate Kitchen. I’m grateful to have been included and totally grateful for the other contributors for there amazing recipes too!
Check out all of these other cheesecake recipes!
- 101 Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes from Triple Chocolate Kitchen
- No Bake Keto Cheesecake from Our Good Life
- Cheesecake Truffles from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Fruit No Bake Cheesecake from That Recipe
- Double Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake in the Instant Pot from Shockingly Delicious
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Verrine from Simply Inspired Meals
- Instant Pot Cookie Dough Cheesecake from Join Us, Pull up a Chair
- Berry Granita with Mint Cheesecake Bites from Delicious Not Gorgeous
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Matcha Swirl Cheesecake Bars from The Spiffy Cookie
- Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Hostess at Heart
- Mango Cheesecake – No Bake Dessert from Sneha’s Recipes
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for spending some time with me today!