Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake is an easy to make peanut butter dessert that’s cool and creamy. This luscious treat is topped with peanut butter crumble and shaved chocolate making it fancy enough for any occasion but simple enough for every day.
There’s nothing more delicious than a cold and creamy Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Dessert when it’s sweltering outside or when celebrating a winter holiday.
You know how I love celebrating anything right? For instance, my billion Mexican recipes for Cinco de Mayo or my half-billion Mardi Gras recipes even though I’m not Mexican or live in New Orleans let alone Louisiana?
This frozen peanut butter cheesecake recipe was definitely the answer to everything that I wanted!
Why we love Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake
“National Cheesecake Day”! I think this celebration is one I totally qualify for because it’s a dessert and we should all celebrate year-round with desserts.
Make ahead. Entertaining couldn’t be any easier than making frozen peanut butter cream cheese dessert recipes, sliding them in the freezer and then moving on.
Easy Peanut Butter Cheesecake. When I think of cheesecake, I think of putting cheesecake ingredients together and baking them in a water bath. Not this cheesecake. Peanut butter cream cheese dessert is creamed together and put in the serving dish of your choice.
No melting. It looks like this is a peanut butter ice cream dessert recipe. It’s not. There’s no ice cream to melt so serving it is much easier.
Minimum baking. In the variations below I’ll show you how to make it a No-bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
Feeds a crowd. I’ll show you how to cut down the size and have one to share or stash in the freezer for when that spoon finally gets out of the peanut butter jar.
I like anything with peanut butter. Even if it’s just a spoon that happens to fall into the jar of peanut butter. It’s genetic. My mother trumps my love of peanut butter by a thousand. I’ve actually given her humongous jars of peanut butter for Christmas (several times) so I could be her favorite daughter.
I’ve made some delicious cheesecakes over the years. I’m usually assigned the dessert when we get together with family and friends. I’ve made some really elegant ones using the water bath method with several layers that took hours to put together.
I just wasn’t in the mood for that kind of work. Besides that, it’s been so hot. Anything that I can make without having to have my oven on for several hours gets my vote.
Frozen Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients
Peanut Butter Dessert Crust and Crumble
- Brown sugar. Dark or light variety is fine.
- Peanut butter. I used the creamy full-fat variety. You could use the crunchy variety.
- Flour. All-purpose flour bleached or unbleached.
- Butter. I used real unsalted butter. There’s salt in the peanut butter so I used unsalted. You could use salted butter since it’s such a small amount.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients
- Cream cheese. I used the original variety. You could use reduced-fat but I wouldn’t use fat-free.
- Peanut butter. Creamy full-fat variety is what I used.
- Chocolate syrup. This is used for ice cream. It’s optional but recommended.
- Vanilla extract. Pure or imitation.
- Powdered sugar. Also known as confectioners sugar.
- Whipped topping. I buy whipped topping for this recipe.
How to make Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
Step 1: Make the Peanut Butter crust and crumbled topping.
Start by making the crumbled topping. Press all but one cup of the topping into the bottom of a baking dish. Bake and cool. The reserved cup is for the topping.
Step 2: Make the peanut butter filling & assemble
Cream the peanut butter cream cheese filling together. Fold in the whipped topping. Layer the filling over the cooled crust.
Sprinkle the filling with the reserved peanut butter crumble and then top with chocolate shavings.
Step 3: Freeze
Cover the peanut butter dessert and freeze for about 4 hours or overnight.
Tips for a creamy filling:
- The thing that I can’t give you is something I’ve had to learn often the hard way and that’s patience! With any creamy filling, it’s always important to fold in your whipped toppings and not stir them in. You see, when you use a heavy hand you’re actually deflating the topping and breaking it down.
- It’s also important that the cream cheese is at room temperature before you combine it with the creamy peanut butter. If you refrigerate your peanut butter make sure it’s at room temperature as well. It will not hurt to take them out of the refrigerator the night before. If they’re at the same temperature they’ll blend together instead of separate.
Variations you can make this Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
- Make this a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake (As I did this one) by adding chocolate syrup to the filling and shaved chocolate to the top.
- Add pieces of chocolate peanut butter candies to the filling. Make sure they’re not of the nougat variety. Since this peanut butter dessert is frozen it’ll likely break a tooth when you bite into it. If that’s what you want to add, I recommend adding it as a topping after removing it from the freezer before serving it.
- If you don’t want to shave chocolate, drizzle the top with chocolate syrup.
- Use any pre-baked crust or graham cracker crust for a no-bake version. Those premade graham cracker pie crusts work well and freeze great too. This filling could probably make 3 pies! You don’t need to add the crumble to the top. Just sprinkle (or not) with candies, chocolate shavings, or chocolate chips prior to serving.
- If you don’t need a whole 9×13 dessert, separate it into two dishes. Use what you want now and freeze one for later.
Want more delicious recipes? Follow Hostess At Heart on Pinterest!
Best way to cut a frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
A lot of the time instructions will advise you to take it out of the freezer and let it sit for 15 minutes before you cut it. O.k., you can but I want my dessert frozen not on the verge of becoming soft. I heat up a sharp knife by running it under hot water and dry it before making my cut. Do this each time you remove the knife from the dessert. It’s convenient to just put the hot water in a glass and dip it too then just dry it with a paper towel.
A few gadgets you may need to make this cheesecake with peanut butter:
Hostess At Heart participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
- 9×13 Baking Dish – I’ve got this one and love it. It comes with a lid that makes taking and refrigerating my treats a lot easier.
- Silicone Spatulas – This pretty set has a flat side and a curved side to take on your toughest job. I love that they are all one piece and can withstand 500°F! Throw out those old chipped ones and treat yourself!
- Electric Stand Mixer – I used this mixer for doing almost everything in this recipe. It is my workhorse and I even have the attachments to make pasta and grind meat and nuts with too.
If you tried this delicious recipe, don’t forget to rate it and leave me a comment letting me know what you think. I love hearing from you!
Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup optional
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 12 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- chocolate shavings optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Spray the bottom of a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a bowl (I used an electric stand mixer) combine the crumb ingredients, brown sugar, peanut butter, flour, and unsalted butter. Mix until crumbly. Reserve one cup from the mixture for the topping and press the remaining onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Allow the crust to cool completely.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and chocolate syrup if using. Mix on medium-high until fluffy.
- Fold the whipped topping into the peanut butter mixture. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Sprinkle the remaining crumble over the top of the peanut butter mixture and then sprinkle with chocolate shavings if desired.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
This recipe was calculated using the exact brands and measurements I used to make this recipe. If you are following a strict diet please note changing anything will cause the nutritional info to change. My calculations are intended as a guide only.
If you liked this recipe, check these out!
Pin this amazing Frozen Peanut Butter Dessert!
This post has been updated to improve the readers experience. No changes were made to the recipe.
Check out all of these other cheesecake recipes!
- No Bake Keto Cheesecake from Our Good Life
- Cheesecake Truffles from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Fruit No Bake Cheesecake from That Recipe
- Double Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake in the Instant Pot from Shockingly Delicious
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Verrine from Simply Inspired Meals
- Instant Pot Cookie Dough Cheesecake from Join Us, Pull up a Chair
- Berry Granita with Mint Cheesecake Bites from Delicious Not Gorgeous
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Matcha Swirl Cheesecake Bars from The Spiffy Cookie
- Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Hostess at Heart
- Mango Cheesecake – No Bake Dessert from Sneha’s Recipes