White Chocolate Peppermint cookies are soft, tender and delicious. They are quick and easy to make and perfect for enjoying with a friend over a hot chocolate.
There is nothing like a cold winters day or the holidays to make me start to crave hot chocolate and peppermint. It’s festive and just warms you from the inside out. White Chocolate Peppermint cookies will go perfectly with a cup of hot chocolate.
[Tweet “White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are perfect for the #holidays #cookies”]In preparation for the holidays, I always bake some tried and true favorites and add a few that I’ve had on my want list. Included on this list was to come up with a White Chocolate Peppermint Cookie.
You know I love to bake right? Well, there is something about developing cookies. I have about a 50% success rate. The last two varieties that I tried flopped with a capital F for failure. My first attempt at these cookies turned out as flat as pancakes. I dumped the batter after trying to adjust the size of the cookie and temperature of my oven three separate ways. I really do get bummed out about throwing away ingredients like this.
After sleeping on it and wallowing in defeat I decided to give it another try. I made some adjustments to the recipe and held my breath. You could have heard my taa daa a block away! These cookies are soft and tender and the white chocolate mixes beautifully with the peppermint.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 tbs unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add sugar, vanilla, and eggs, mixing between each addition.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix to combine. Add Chocolate Chips and crushed peppermint. Mix on low until combined.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop batter into 1-inch balls and put on a prepared baking sheet, two inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until cookies lightly brown on the edges.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet and then remove parchment paper to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Now you’ve told me in the past that you wanted proof that failures come out of my kitchen. Well, here’s proof! I thought I’d never say this, but there is such a thing as too much butter.
Looking for cookies for your holiday baking? Check these out!
I always love to share so if I have a dozen left it’s for you.