4 Ingredient Light and Luscious Lemon Snowflake Cookies are so easy to make and literally melt in your mouth. They are the perfect delicious no-fuss cookie recipe.
I found an old newspaper clipping with this recipe in the recipe box that my Mother-In-law gave me and wondered why in the heck I’d never heard of Lemon Snowflake Cookies? They sounded too good to be true. With just 4 ingredients? I didn’t have anything to lose trying them.
I put these together one morning when John wasn’t home. When he saw them he had a couple and asked where the recipe had come from. I imagine lots of foodie husbands ask about the origin of recipes right? I told him his mom’s recipe box and he said he’d never had them before either.
These cookies literally melt in your mouth. They are soft and luscious and just heaped with flavor. They’re perfect for cookie exchanges because If you don’t make them humongous like I did, you can get about 3 dozen….or so the recipe said! They’re also perfect for when you need a delicious treat on short notice because chances are you either have the ingredients or can get them in a jiffy.
Light and Luscious Lemon Snowflake Cookies Recipe
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 8 oz Cool Whip (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine all ingredients except the powdered sugar. Blend completely and refrigerate for 1 hour. The batter will be sticky.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease baking sheets or line them with parchment paper. Put powdered sugar in a bowl. Drop batter by tablespoons into the powdered sugar and gently roll them until covered.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. Let them cool on the cookie sheet which will allow them to set up.
- Store in an air-tight container.
It’s not every day that I run across a simple cookie recipe that I’ve never heard of and tastes better than what I anticipate. I’m so glad I did run across this one. I’ll be making these more often. My mouth is watering just thinking of them. Time to whip up another batch.
I am a cookie lover and here are a few of my favorites!
Do you have a favorite cookie? Leave us a comment with the name so we can start a virtual cookie exchange!
Let’s keep in touch! You can find me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube! Better yet, enter your email address in the box below and never miss a recipe!