Angel Food Pie tastes like a pineapple cloud. It’s creamy delicious and just melts in your mouth. The delicate pineapple flavor is like a warm sunny day.
This Angel Food Pie is like eating a soft and fluffy cloud. It’s quick to put together and is light and delicious. This is a no-bake pie!
The great thing about pineapple is that it’s perfect year-round. The sweet citrus just reminds me of a warm sunny day.
It is National Pie Day! There are a lot of days dedicated to different foods, but I let a lot of them go by without giving them a second thought.
I don’t know who was responsible for assigning such a thing, but I have to agree that National Pie Day should be a recognized holiday.
Angel Food Pie is perfect for this or any holiday.
This recipe was in the archives of my MIL’s recipe box. It was confusing because I’ve heard of Angel Food cake, but never pie.
John loves my Pineapple Cream Meringue Pie so I had to give this one a try.
I think I know where this pie got its name. This pie is so light and fluffy that you would swear it was made of clouds and sunshine.
It’s quick to put together and is sweet and dreamy to eat.
Many of the dishes we make right now are defined as comfort food.
This would be the perfect dessert after a heavier meal.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
I love pie too! Here are some favorites!
We LOVE Dessert! You can find all of our dessert recipes here!
Oh and I was correct, John loved this pie!
Our most popular recipes!
- Overnight Sourdough Bread
- Fruit Cocktail Salad
- Pear Pie Filling
- Chocolate Trifle
- Italian Bread Recipe
- Swedish Apple Pie
Angel Food Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz crushed pineapple can drained
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 egg whites I used pasteurized
- 1 pie crust baked (purchased or homemade)
- Whipped cream
- Pecans ground fine
- In a medium-sized saucepan mix sugar, flour, and salt together. Add water gradually, mixing until smooth. Add pineapple and cook until the mixture thickens. Set aside to cool.
- When cool, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into the pineapple mixture. Pour into a baked pie crust.
- Refrigerate to chill.
- Serve with whipped cream and sprinkled with nuts.