If you love a cool and creamy pie and a good margarita, you’ll love this quick and easy Frozen Margarita Pie with a pretzel crust that adds a bit of salt.
This delicious recipe was updated on 4/19/16 to improve reader experience.
Boozy Frozen Margarita Pie is the perfect combination of a sweet cool and creamy pie with a slightly salty pretzel crust. It’s like your favorite frozen margarita in a pie.
I came across this recipe for Magic Margarita Pie in my Mother-In-Law’s recipe box.
I knew it had to come from a friend or publication because this isn’t something she would have developed, but after searching didn’t find this version.
This Margarita Pie has more booze in it than the ones that I was able to find. Maybe that’s why it’s called Magic Margarita Pie!
Are you celebrating Cinco de Mayo? It’s one of our favorite celebrations, which is funny because it’s a Mexican holiday, not an American holiday, but you know how we are when there is an opportunity to celebrate right?
I think it’s one of my favorites because I love Mexican food and beverages.
Regardless, I think this margarita pie recipe is perfect for our Americanized Cinco de Mayo or summertime or well, any time!
You don’t need a celebration to make this pie. It’s perfectly luscious for any time, especially in those warm days where a frozen dessert is so refreshing.
I just love the flavors of the salty-sweet pretzel crust in contrast to the creamy boozy filling. You don’t need a celebration to serve this pie because a slice is like a party all by itself. It’s a party on a pie plate!
Need to make it quick? No-Bake is the way to go!
I just love the contrast of the pretzel crust that this frozen dessert pie sits in. However, there wouldn’t be any reason not to just buy an already made graham cracker crust or to pop a purchased pastry crust into the oven. Just make sure that it’s completely cooled before filling it.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
This Magic Margarita Pie really does taste like margaritas, and if you like margaritas, you’re going to love this pie!
It is smooth and creamy, and the pretzel crust with that little bit of salt is the perfect combination.
Grocery List for Magic Margarita
Frozen Pie Recipe
- Frozen limeade concentrate
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Tequila (blanco)
- Tripple Sec (orange liquor)
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Green Food Color
If you like this recipe, here are a few more you may enjoy!
- 6 Ingredient Blueberry Lemonade Cream Pie
- Strawberry Banana Cream
- Creamy Angel Cream Pie
- Chocolate Mocha Cream Pie
- Raspberry Daiquiri Pie and Pudding Recipe
- Lemon Icebox Pie
Here are a few things you may need:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. For more information, please see our disclosure.
- 9-inch Deep Dish Pie Plate – I use this pie plate all of the time. Food always looks great in a white pan.
- Silicone Spatulas – this pretty set has a flat side and a curved side to take on your toughest job. I love that they are all one piece and can withstand 500°F! Throw out those old chipped ones and treat yourself!
If you make any of the recipes from Hostess At Heart give me a shout out on Instagram with hashtag #hostessatheart or tag me @hostessatheart.
Our most popular recipes
I would love it if you enjoy this recipe that you will leave me a comment and rate the recipe with 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Magic Margarita Pie
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk not evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup limeade from concentrate
- 3 tbsp tequila I used blanco
- 3 tbsp triple-Sec or other orange flavored liquor
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream whipped
- Green Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine crushed pretzels, melted butter, and brown sugar together in a bowl. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate and press pretzel mixture into the bottom and up the sides. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely before filling.
- Whip 1 cup heavy whipping cream until peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, limeade, tequila, triple-sec and food coloring. Whisk to combine. Fold in whipped cream. Fill pretzel crust.
- Freeze until set, approximately 4 hours.
Crust was adapted from SouthernLiving.com
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for spending some time with me today!