Tropical Fruit Cocktail Salad has 5 ingredients and comes together in about 5 seconds. Best of all, everyone loves it!
Here is another one of those “save the day” recipes. Dump 5 ingredients together and in about 5 nanoseconds, and you have a Tropical Fruit Cocktail salad! Now I am sure you are wondering if I’ve forgotten how to cook, but I just had to share this salad. It’s quick, easy, and everyone loves it.
With the holidays, graduations, and nicer weather activities coming up, it’s nice to have a recipe that is fast so you can concentrate on the more important things.
If you grew up with canned fruit cocktail, you knew that the one who opened the can got the cherry. The rest of us just got a bunch of peaches, pears, and grapes. They were good, but who’s kidding who, the cherry was what you wanted. With this salad, you can just leave it as is or hey, go dump in enough cherries for everyone, and we have a fruit cocktail party salad. I used Dole Tropical Fruit instead of fruit cocktail. It has nice big pieces of fruit that aren’t mushy like some canned fruit. Enough gibberish, here’s your recipe.
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
- 1 medium can crushed pineapple don't drain
- 1 can Dole Tropical Fruit Cocktail don't drain (chop in smaller pieces if desired)
- 1 box of instant lemon pudding can also use vanilla or coconut
- 2 cups marshmallows miniature
- 8 oz whipped topping I used Cool Whip Free
- Maraschino cherries coconut optional
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate. Chill at least 30 minutes.
Recipe adapted from The St. Robert Bellarmine cookbook, "Angel Foods"