This Loaded Blueberry Muffin recipe says it all. It isn’t overly sweet and is definitely all about the berries. It’s perfect for breakfast, snack or with any meal when you’d like a slightly sweet addition.
I’m so excited you guys! I’ve joined a group of bloggers that do a secret blog hop, Freaky Friday! Participates are given a blog where they secretly choose a recipe and make it. No one knows who had our blog and what recipe they picked until they’re posted. This Loaded Blueberry Muffin Recipe was amazing. Now, let me tell you a little bit more about it.
I was given the blog Cooking On A Budget by Patty Anderson. I was really excited because I’ve followed Patty for quite a while. She has a Facebook group that I am a member of and is always so sweet. It was important for me to do one of her recipes justice.
Patty’s blog shows people how they can prepare delicious recipes at home on a budget. Her recipes include family recipes and recipes that inspire her.
Finally, I chose Patty’s Blueberry muffin recipe. I actually renamed it “Loaded Blueberry Muffin recipe” because in my humble opinion that is a great description of it.
That’s the only change I made. It is perfect as is. I picked it because it had a family connection that she explains. That describes a lot of my recipes too. I think you’ll love this recipe and several of the other recipes on her site.
A few tips for making the perfect blueberry muffin
- Don’t over bake muffins. Test them before they’re supposed to me finished with a cake tester or toothpick. If there are just a few crumbs on the tester they’re done.
- You can use frozen blueberries. However, since they may contain ice crystals or additional moisture, completely thaw them and let them drain over a paper towel before using them.
- Remove the muffins from the pan shortly after you remove them from the oven. The heat from the pan can continue to bake the muffins and dry them out.
If you’re a homemade muffin lover, here are a few more recipes you may enjoy
- Lemon Pistachio Muffins
- Mango Muffins
- Cherry Almond Muffins
- Crystallized Ginger Muffins
- Basic Muffin Recipe
- Double Chocolate Muffins
I would love it if you enjoy this recipe that you will leave me a comment and rate the recipe with 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Loaded Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter softened (I used unsalted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (table or kosher is fine)
- 1/2 cup milk I used skim but any will do
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups blueberries
- sugar for sprinkling on top optional I used turbinado but any sugar will do
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and fill 17 to 18 muffin cups with paper liners or grease well.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream softened butter and 1 cup of sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine the milk and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and the milk mixture to the butter mixture alternating after each addition.
- Crush 1/2 cup of blueberries with a fork or potato masher. Fold into the batter. Fold the remaining blueberries whole into the batter.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 20 to 30 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the tops with sugar while warm if desired.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for spending some time with me today!