Pumpkin Pecan Donuts with Cream Cheese Glaze are soft and tender. This baked donut recipe takes less than 10 minutes to bake and 2 seconds to devour!
Who doesn’t love fresh donuts for breakfast? These Pumpkin Pecan Donuts taste like fall. They’re quick and easy to get on the table and make any breakfast special!
This Pumpkin Donut recipe is full of beautiful fall spices. The sweet cream cheese glaze and chopped pecans make these baked donuts almost a dessert!
The truth is that I love bakery for breakfast. Preferably sweet bakery. We got in the habit of running to our favorite donut shop every Sunday morning. I was like a kid in a candy shop picking out which one I was taking home.
That was so wrong on so many levels. For someone who TRIES watching their weight, a couple of fried donuts probably erase any activity for the rest of the day. Once in awhile o.k. every Sunday not cool.
I’m not saying this pumpkin donut recipe is diet food. However, I believe that small changes add up to big results. Swearing off donuts isn’t going to happen, and believe me, these pumpkin donuts aren’t a sacrifice either.
Easy Donut Recipe Variations
- Add Chocolate Chips for a real people pleaser!
- Not a pecan fan? Leave them out or substitute with another nut.
- Skip the glaze and dust with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar.
- Glaze and sprinkle with toasted coconut or SPRINKLES!
- Don’t have applesauce? Increase pumpkin.
Ingredients in these Pumpkin Pecan Donuts with Cream Cheese Glaze:
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Baking Soda
- Applesauce – no sugar added variety
- Cream Cheese – glaze
- Powdered Sugar – glaze
- Milk – glaze
- Vanilla Extract – glaze
How to bake perfect baked donuts every time!
As you can see in this video, this batter is fairly thick. If you make any substitutions, pay attention to the consistency of the batter. It’s like a pancake batter on the thicker side.
Tips to make the perfect Baked Pumpkin donuts:
- This pumpkin donut recipe makes 11 to 12 donuts. I recommend using 2 6-donut pans and bake them at the same time. If you only have one pan, allow the pan to cool between batches.
- If you are using one pan, refrigerate the batter between batches.
- Be sure to spray the pan thoroughly between batches.
- If you use a piping bag to fill your pan, use a new one between filling. Trying to fill a used bag is a mess. Also, don’t cut the hole in the bag too small. You’ll have to squeeze it to death to get this thick batter out.
- Don’t glaze the donuts until you are ready to eat them. They will become soggy.
- Bake the donuts the day before and store in an airtight container or freeze for up to three months.
- Make the batter the day before and store covered in the refrigerator.
Some more great breakfast bakery recipes:
- Dutch Apple Kolache Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Swirls
- Blueberry Buckle Recipe
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Pumpkin Apple Bread with Streusel Topping
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans + more to garnish
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbs milk or cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a Donut Pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, and applesauce.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the center of the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Fold the pecans into the batter.
- Fill a pastry bag or a plastic bag with batter. Snip off a corner of the bag and fill the donut pan cavities. Using the back of a spoon, smooth the batter.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, turning the pan at the 5-minute mark. Donuts are done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the donuts immediately from the pan to a cooling rack.
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and enough milk to make a thin glaze. Drizzle each donut and sprinkle with additional pecans.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 160mg Carbohydrates: 38g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 25g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
I do love a great donut and plan on making more. What is your favorite flavor or other breakfast baked recipes? Leave a comment below! You are my inspiration!
I love pumpkin anything!
- Smooth and Creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Bars
- Rich and Creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- Pumpkin Yeast Bread Loaf and Rolls
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your favorite board!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for spending some time with me today!