Greek Lamb Burger with Lemon Herb Sauce is one of the best burgers that I’ve ever made or eaten. You’ll not want to put it down!
John and I love a good burger. There is this place that we go that serves a Greek burger. It is just amazing for the first couple bites. After that, I can taste way too much salt. We decided to recreate our own burger. I think our Greek Lamb Burger with Lemon Herb Sauce is even better than the restaurant version.
This burger starts with flavorful ground lamb and is then filled with feta cheese, onion, and some wonderful herbs. The lemon herb sauce is just delicious and best of all, it isn’t calorie or fat-laden. This burger was fancy enough to serve with a glass of wine (or two).
Do you remember my Tabouli Salad Recipe? I told you that I was on a Greek kick lately. I actually served that salad with this burger. It was a combination made in culinary heaven. And, did you recognize the bun? Yep it’s my buttery Brioche Bun recipe. It just took this burger to a whole new level!
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lemon Herb Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tomato, lettuce, additional onion if desired
- Combine Lemon Herb Sauce ingredients together and refrigerate until serving.
- Combine all burger ingredients and divide into 4 patties. Grill until a probe thermometer registers 150 degrees F. Set aside to briefly rest.
- Assemble by spreading the Lemon Herb sauce on the inside of the top and bottom bun. Add tomato, lettuce, and additional onion if desired.
If you’re still looking for great Greek recipes, Chicken Gyros are always a hit.