Greek Lamb Burger with Lemon Herb Sauce is one of the best burgers that I’ve ever made or eaten. You’ll not want to put it down!
John and I love a good burger. There is this place that we go that serves a Greek burger. It is just amazing for the first couple of bites.
After that, I can taste way too much salt. We decided to recreate our own burger. I think our Greek Lamb Burger with Lemon Herb Sauce is even better than the restaurant version.
This burger starts with flavorful ground lamb and is then filled with feta cheese, onion, and some wonderful herbs. The lemon herb sauce is just delicious and best of all, it isn’t calorie or fat-laden.
This burger was fancy enough to serve with a glass of wine (or two) and that is exactly what we did. We loved this burger so much that we decided it was perfect for company. Our guests loved it just as much as we do.
Do you remember my Tabouli Salad Recipe? I told you that I was on a Greek kick lately. I actually served that salad with this burger. It was a combination made in culinary heaven. And, did you recognize the bun? Yep, it’s my buttery Brioche Bun recipe. It just took this burger to a whole new level!
If you enjoyed this lamb burger recipe here are a few more recipes you may like
Greek Lamb Burger
- 1 lb lamb ground
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
Lemon Herb Sauce
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt plain
- 2 tsp lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 tsp rosemary fresh
- 1/4 tsp oregano dried
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Tomato lettuce, additional onion if desired
- Combine Lemon Herb Sauce ingredients together and refrigerate until serving.
- Combine all burger ingredients and divide into 4 patties. Grill until a probe thermometer registers 150°F. Set aside to briefly rest.
- Assemble by spreading the Lemon Herb sauce on the inside of the top and bottom bun. Add tomato, lettuce, and additional onion if desired.
If you’re still looking for great Greek recipes, here are a few that I love!
If you are feeling creative, you can serve this burger in an Easy Make Pita bread! What is your favorite burger? I’m always looking for burger ideas and would love to hear yours in the comments below!