This Healthy Cream of Roasted Vegetable Soup recipe can be made for one or a dozen people. This soup doesn’t use dairy products so is perfect for lactose sensitivity or people living a vegan lifestyle.
I have a horrible habit of overbuying vegetables Thank goodness for this quick and delicious Heart Healthy Cream of Roasted Vegetable Soup recipe. It’s a great delicious way to use them without a lot of fat or calories!
I love going to the farmer’s market or wandering through our grocer’s produce department.
Unfortunately, I can’t resist buying more produce than we can eat. Does anyone else tell their vegetables how beautiful they are? I can’t be the only one.
I love most vegetables raw or cooked in about any manner, especially roasted or grilled. When I get around those beautiful vegetables, I just can help myself. Invariably I buy more than I can use.
Recipes like this Healthier Cream of Roasted Vegetable Soup are perfect for us to make at a moment’s notice.
There’s nothing better than those soups loaded with cream or butter. This soup only tastes like it is.
It’s not only delicious but the perfect option to make when you’re watching your waistline or not sure if your guests follow a specific way of eating.
This recipe is on everyone’s list!
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
Why you’ll love Roasted Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Can be repurposed as a sauce
- Freezes perfectly
- Makes as much or little as you want at any time
- Heart healthy and waistline-friendly
- Yummy baby food
- Meets lifestyle eating regimens such as Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Vegan, Whole 30, Keto
I EAT SOUP ALL YEAR LONG. HERE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE RECIPES!
- Healthier Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Cheesy Potato Soup
- Easy Vegetable Soup
- Lamb Pho
- The Best Chili Recipe
- Beer Cheese Soup
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
We LOVE soup! You can find all of our soup recipes here!
Healthy Cream of Roasted Vegetable Soup
- 2 cups Mixed vegetables of your choice include potato or squash to achieve creamy texture include potato or squash to achieve a creamy texture
- 2 cups Low sodium, fat free vegetable broth or stock
- Fresh or dried herbs I love rosemary, thyme, and sage
- Salt and Pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare vegetables by washing, peeling, and cutting into large 2-inch chunks.
- Place vegetables in a single, non-crowded layer onto a rimmed sheet pan. If too crowded, vegetables will steam and not roast. Use two pans if roasting a large amount.
- Drizzle olive oil lightly over vegetables, and salt and pepper.
- Mix in fresh or dried herbs.
- Bake vegetables for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove herb sprigs and place in a dutch oven or large saucepan. Add broth or stock to just cover the vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Puree vegetables together using a blender, food processor or immersion blender.
- Garnish with herbs, and serve with fresh crackers if desired.
This recipe was calculated using the exact brands and measurements I used to make this recipe. If you are following a strict diet please note changing anything will cause the nutritional info to change. My calculations are intended as a guide only.
Another great way to use this creamy dreamy soup is as a base for other dishes. Add protein or grains and you have another meal ready to go.
I’m a soup lover and having a variety such as this one keeps me happy all year long. When the fall vegetables are long gone I can even use frozen and still enjoy this delicious soup.