Easy Oven-Baked Chicken Fajita recipe is an explosion of deliciousness. It’s perfect with a side of rice, in a wrap, and the chicken is the perfect topper for your salad.
It’s time for the Summer version of “The Freaky Friday” blog hop, and I’m bringing an Easy Oven-Baked Chicken Fajita recipe to the party! The Freaky Friday blog hop is a group of bloggers that are secretly assigned each others’ blogs from which we choose a recipe. It is so much fun, and the bloggers that participate are all amazing foodies. The biggest problem I always have is picking just one recipe to post about.
This time I had the pleasure of being assigned Dini’s blog The Flavor Bender. I’ve known Dini for about as long as I’ve been blogging. I can’t even begin to tell you how talented she is and what an amazing friend she is to so many people including me!
Dini refers to herself as the mad-scientist behind the Flavor Bender where she combines flavors in new and wildly creative ways that will make you fall in love with cooking and baking! That is exactly the way I would describe her! Just look at her Galaxy Cocktails!
I wanted to make her Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding Cake with Strawberry and Bourbon recipe but didn’t trust myself not to eat the whole thing. So, I made her Easy Oven-Baked Chicken Fajita recipe. What drew me to this recipe is that it was baked and there were so many ways that I could think to serve it. I can’t wait to try to make a new version of my Chipotle Grilled Chicken Salad using her Fajita seasoning!
Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it for later!
Easy Oven-Baked Chicken Fajita Recipe
- 1 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper more if you like it spicy
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander, ground powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar either dark or light
- 2/3 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed about 1 orange
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup oil, canola or vegetable
- 2 tsp salt, kosher
- 3 lb chicken thighs I used boneless/skinless
- 2 onions, sweet I used purple onions
- 4 bell peppers
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups portabello mushrooms
- 2 cups asparagus roughly chopped
Garnishes - optional
- 1/4 cup Cotija Cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Combine the ingredients for the Fajita seasoning. Make extra for other recipes down the road!
- Mix the Fajita seasoning with all of the marinade ingredients except for the chicken.
- Pat the chicken pieces dry. Place them in a dish large enough to immerse the chicken in the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken skin side up in a single row on a cooking sheet and pour marinade over the chicken. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken registers 165°F with a thermometer. Cover with foil if skin gets to dark.
- Remove chicken to a dish, cover and allow to rest.
- Place vegetables on the same pan in remaining marinade. Bake for 20 minutes or until just al dente, stirring after 10 minutes to redistribute in the marinade.
The only change that I made was that I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and drumsticks and threw in a few extra veggies. Her Fajita seasoning mix is phenomenal! John loved his fajita in a tortilla and I loved it as is. Once the veggies were gone, I put that amazing chicken on a salad for lunch.
This Easy Oven-Baked Chicken Fajita recipe is going to become a regular in my kitchen! Just go see for yourself all of the amazing recipes on The Flavor Bender. I’ll guarantee you’ll want to stay a while. While you’re at it, take a look at what these other Freaky Friday participants are cooking up!
#FreakyFridayRecipe Summer 2017 Edition
A Dish of Daily Life – Mexican Black Beans
An Affair from the Heart –Deconstructed Guacamole Salad
A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures – Homemade Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
Aunt Bee’s Recipes – P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wrap Salad
Belle of the Kitchen – Crock Pot Honey Sriracha Meatballs
Bowl Me Over – Grilled Shrimp Nicoise Salad
The Devilish Dish – Southwestern Coleslaw
The Flavor Blender – Creamy Frozen Margarita Pie Slice with a Pretzel Crust
Full Belly Sisters – Bacon Scallion Deviled Eggs
The Foodie Affair – New Zealand Bacon and Egg Pie
Honey & Birch – Grilled Guacamole
Hostess at Heart – Easy Oven-Baked Chicken Fajitas
Lemoine Family Recipes – Easy Peach Dumplings
Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Tortellini Caprese Salad
PicNic – Oreo Scones
PlatterTalk – Black Bean and Roasted Corn Chowder
Seduction in the Kitchen – Peach Sweet Tea
Take Two Tapas – Spicy Margarita Shrimp Skewers
Who Needs a Cape? – No Bake Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Parfait